DD's Back From First Exam

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snowdrops

DD's Back From First Exam

Post by Snowdrops »

DD's back from her day at school 1, full of enthusiasm and bouncing about all over the place.

The exams were 'ok' - not hard, just normal exams were her words ...???

Her interview is Wednesday and they post letters of offers out on Saturday.

If you don't get an offer they ring you instead to talk you through it :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

We have just eaten the pizza dd brought home, still warm, from her 'nice' things she did this afternoon (which included a German and Spanish lesson as well as the cooking!).
zorro

Post by zorro »

Pizza?
That sounds like a cool school!
Good Luck.
Zorro
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

This sounds like a really nice school. Is everyone interviewed on Wednesday regardless of exam result? How will DD feel if she gets into GS but loves inde more! :shock:
sycamore

Post by sycamore »

T.i.p.s.y wrote: How will DD feel if she gets into GS but loves inde more! :shock:
Oh great! Something else to worry about! :roll:
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Mmm...I didn't get any pizza :(
Loopy
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Everyone gets interviewed on Wednesday, apart from those already attending the school (ie: lower school) - although they too had to sit the entrance exams.

DD know there's a strict order of preference for the schools, going from GS, to the good local schools, with the final fall back position being these two indies.

I got a bit of the pizza - it was really nice. They gave her the recipe so I am expecting her to cook tea once in a while now :lol:
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Good luck with the interview today Snowdrops!!!
Loopy
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Good Luck :D
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Thanks Mitasol and Loopylou - didn't get much sleep last night, why, I don't know 'cos I'm not worried about it (honest :shock: ).

I've just said on the other thread, today's interview is in school uniform, but I'm panicking over choice of tights - plain or patterned? Think I'll take the other one's with me, she can always do a quick change in the car/school toilets before we leave!!

I have an emergency pack of hairbrush, clothes brush, instant shoe shine and wet wipes - any other thoughts???
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I've just realised I've probably given you all nightmares imagining DD in patterned tights. I din't explain it very well, they are both plain black tights but one is smooth knit, whilst the other is like a rib knit (that's what I meant by patterned!!).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now