Meeting in Daventry - New admission arrangements

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

fed up

Meeting in Daventry - New admission arrangements

Post by fed up »

A meeting is planned in Daventry at 3pm on Sunday 25 January. Jeremy Harper has done a considerable amount of research into the proposed new admission arrangements, and is calling a meeting to gauge opinion and plan what to do next. If you are interested in going please email Jeremy at jms.harper@btinternet.com by 8pm on Friday so that he has some idea of numbers.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Hi Fed Up. Do you know if this meeting is just for those who live in Northants, or is it a more general meeting?
fed up

Post by fed up »

As far as I know it's quite general. Jeremy went to a meeting at NCC and told them his thoughts (which are certainly quite similar to mine and I guess a lot of other people's). I think it will be a good chance to share information and viewpoints. Obviously I'm still holding out for the Barby hinterland issue, which isn't relevant to Daventry, but I still think it's worth going. I think it's time for us all to join together (Jeremy didn't know about us) Strength in numbers etc!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Unsure what good I would be as I am and always will be OOC, but I am more than happy to attend to boost numbers!
saram

Post by saram »

Is Jeremy Harper the man who was, or is, organising a meeting at LSS for a representative group of twenty? I'm just not sure - can anyone help with the answer please?
fed up

Post by fed up »

Yes I think he is. You could email him to be definite.
jacquie

Post by jacquie »

saram wrote:Is Jeremy Harper the man who was, or is, organising a meeting at LSS for a representative group of twenty? I'm just not sure - can anyone help with the answer please?
Yes, he is the very same.
fed up

Post by fed up »

The meeting took place last Sunday. A group has been set up called Choices for Children. You can sign our petition online at

http://www.choicesforchildren.co.uk/

If you are interested in attending this Sunday's meeting please email Jeremy Harper at jms.harper@btinternet.com
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now