Cathchment..

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Phil

Cathchment..

Post by Phil »

Hi, We live right in the middle of AGS and RLS...when we go to appeal should I mention that as it may mean we would have more schools that could be looked at...if you understand what I mean..?

The kids at the moment queue up on both sides of the road to go to Buckingham or Aylesbury..

Phil
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Phil

I'm not entirely clear on what you mean, but that doesn't matter anyway, because the prospective school is barely ever relevant at an appeal against non-qualification. This appeal is all about whether your child is suited to any GS, not a specific one.

There are a very few situations where it might just be "worth a mention" - for example if a sibling already attends the GS. Generally speaking though, it is a point best avoided - a red herring that could confuse your case.

Sally-Anne
Phil

Post by Phil »

ah ok...I was trying to say that if they were 'full' at RLS then maybe that would stop people getting through the appeal based on not being able to house the extra ones..if that were the case then being able to go to more than one GS might help...

Think I understand what I mean..sorry!

Phil
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Phil

That is an over-subscription criterion, and very definitely not relevant for an appeal against non-qualification.

NQ panels have no interest in the numbers game at all - they can allow every single appeal if they believe that they are all deserving cases.

It is only after March 2nd that they take off their "NQ hats", and put their "Transfer Appeal hats" on, and start to consider numbers. :D

S-A
Phil

Post by Phil »

ah ok...so I shouldnt say anything then...
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Phil at this stage schools don't even know who has put them on their list - this is done after appeals finish.

As Sally- Anne says focus on academic evidence for a GS place
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now