Unfinished short writing paper

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
traceywhyte17

Unfinished short writing paper

Post by traceywhyte17 »

Son has sat 1st indie entrance exam this morning but didnt finish his short writing paper. He said he got carried away doing a good description of his character, setting and dilemna. Does anyone know how much, if anything, he will be marked down for this :?:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

My son did this in his Westminster test in November but we won't find out if he's got a place until late March as they interview every boy who sits the test first- I am worried though! :(
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

My dd sat the 11+ exam 2 years ago and didn't finish the writing task either. I was extremely worried as literacy was one of her strongest areas and would have been important points overall.
I needn't have worried - when her results came through she scored extremely high in the writing test, thereby showing that if the content is good you can still score highly.
She did say she was nearly finished but ran out time and had to put her pencil down.
Good luck - I hope your child still does well too. :)
traceywhyte17

Post by traceywhyte17 »

Thanks for your advice.Maybe its not such a big problem then. Am hoping that what he did do was good enough to make them forget he didn't finish! He said he felt comprehension and maths went ok though, so am trying to stay hopeful but am not confident. He has already had interview here so we will get a letter either way on Tuesday or Wednesday next week. He has got 2 more exams to sit at other schools on Saturday 31st and Saturday 7th so we have other chances if this doesnt work out. I think I am more nervous than my son about the outcome :!:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now