Soooo proud...

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kosar.irshad

Soooo proud...

Post by kosar.irshad »

Hi everyone, I thought I would give an update on DS's progress. He has sat three Indie exams over the last week. He was very mature throughout the whole process.
I decided not to sit him for the scholarships as mentioned in an earlier Post, as I was adviced by many people that coming from a State school there would be a big gap between what he had learnt and what the exam would test.
One of the schools have an invitation only policy, where they invite a child that has done well in the initial exam to sit a scholarship exam. Well guess what (sorry for showing off) DS has been invited back!!. I am sooo proud. Lets hope he does well.

K
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

fingers crossed
bouga
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

How fantastic! Keep us posted, and you are deservedly proud! :D
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Any updates Kosar?
kosar.irshad

Post by kosar.irshad »

Hi Tipsy i was going to post on 20th Feb because thats when the schools have agreed to send out the results.

To cut a long story short, I contacted Fettes Prep School and informed them that DS would not be sitting their exam because it clashed with another exam sitting. they explained that if I was looking for a bursary DS would have to attend on the day,so I said that I'm sorry but he will be sitting for the other. A couple of days later I got a phonecall saying that they were able to rearrange the date and they would be delighted to see him.

He sat the exam, and was awarded the maximum scholarship available on merit. they have since confirmed that he is eligble for a bursary and has a place should he wish to take it.

My first impressions of the school were rather dubious, but since then, they have bent over backwards for me and DS. Now we are just waitng for the other results and then we will decide K
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Kosar,

That is amazing and I'm so pleased for you. Fettes may not have been my first choice or even your fist choice but it is one the most prestigious schools in the UK and Scotland and if you have seen a different side to them then maybe we were both a bit snooty! :lol:

Go with your gut instinct and where you'll feel the most comfortable (and the one that offers you the most money :wink: ). At the end of the day it is still an amazing opportunity for your son. I'll post my congratulations after the 20th. :D

Tipsy
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now