Appeal Wed

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Phil

Appeal Wed

Post by Phil »

Hi

My lads school is shut and will be till wed...so that means I cant take any of his books...is this going to be a big problem?
I was going to use them to show his work and also the progress he has made...bit stuck now.

Phil
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Phil

I suggest you ring Appeals tomorrow to discuss.

Factors to consider are how important you feel this evidence is for your case, whether they think appeals are likely to go ahead on Wednesday, how easy it would be to re-arrange.
Etienne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Phil

You may also find that "shut" doesn't necessarily mean locked and barred. Quite a few schools are actually open for local staff who can get in safely and want to do classroom preparation - it's just that they can't bring the children in as well when conditions and staffing levels are so unpredictable. Many other schools will be maintaining a small skeleton staff to deal with such things as deliveries and essential admin.

Try calling the school at around 9am once the rush of calls has died down - you may well find that there are staff there, and hopefully they will be sympathetic to your problem.

Sally-Anne
Phil

Post by Phil »

Thank you both.....I willl call in the morning..well..today..! Everything seems to be conspiring against me at the moment....

Phil
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Phil

It may be worth checking that your hearing is still on. Yesterday Mummog's was cancelled because of the snow.

Lilly
Mum of 1 and 1 to go

Post by Mum of 1 and 1 to go »

Hi Good luck with your appeal. We have to wait until June for ours! :roll:
Phil

Post by Phil »

Hi Mum...wow, thats late....is that for bucks?

Phil
Phil

Post by Phil »

Grrrr....as expected...school is totally closed...will they hold that against me if i dont have the books? i have talked about them in my speech...the stansard of his books not the lack of them!

Phil
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Phil

Give Appeals a ring and ask for a view on the situation. I am quite sure that you will not be alone in having this problem and you will get sympathetic advice.

Depending on what they say, you can either decide to go ahead and simply explain that you could not get hold of the books, or request that your appeal be adjourned. It seems from Mummog's case that the adjourned hearing would probably be around 13th - 16th Feb, but Appeals will almost certainly be able to tell you that on the phone.

It all depends on how central the books are to your case. If you have very strong evidence otherwise, then perhaps they aren't essential.

Sally-Anne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You could also try first thing in the morning - most schools are open from 08:00 - if they are open!