Here We Go Again

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Here We Go Again

Post by Guest »

Actually, don't mean to stick my oar in again, but my daughter was offered a scholarship to the senior school at transfer time from the prep school. We didn't end up taking it up as she got a place at a school nearer to home, but they do offer scholarships to keep a child they want who looks likely to defect from time to time.
Here We Go Again

Post by Here We Go Again »

Ah!!! This post was meant to be a continuation of the junior school report thread. Even with multiple choice I fail. Thank the lord it is not I having to sit these damned tests!

Post by Guest »

Are these means-tested scholarships i.e. bursaries? For a better word, perhaps.
Here We Go Again

Perhaps. I don't really know what difference there is. Scholarship is what they called it though. This was at St Albans High School for Girls. They offered a percentage of the fees deducted. From 20% to 50% depending, if I remember correctly. My daughter was at the junior and we did have the means to pay. I am relating this as it was suggested that current students would not get offered scholarships.
Here We Go Again

I'm doing it again!!! Sorry. No this was not means tested. As I said before, money was not an issue. We took a place at a closer independent school.