Query on the school summary sheet

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

panickingmum

Query on the school summary sheet

Post by panickingmum »

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the school summary sheet is prepared completely by the school (head teacher) or whether County prepare it from information sent in by the school or from information collated about the school? Ours was wrong and the HT seemed to suggest that this was County's fault!

PM
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Which information is wrong?

The HT recommendations would be completed by the HT - qualifiers would be identified by County I think - check in the HT booklet.

Results of NC tests would be from the database so are unlikely to be incorrect as the school is supposed to check them.

HT booklet:

https://schoolsweb.buckscc.gov.uk/schoo ... anuals.asp
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi PM

The Head's summary sheet (saying why your child's appeal deserves to succeed) is completely prepared by the Head/school.

The Head's recommendation sheet (with the boxes showing how many achieved a pass by recommendation) is completely prepared by the LA.

Which information is wrong?

Sally-Anne
panickingmum

School Summary Sheet

Post by panickingmum »

Hi Guest55 & Sally-Anne,

Thanks for your replies.

The sheet that was wrong is the sheet entitled "School Summary - 2009 Selection Appeals - LA Schools". The bit that was wrong is the School Recommendations ie. breakdown of the 1s 2s etc. The info. contained there looked suspect and I queried with HT who seemed ambivalent. I later found out that another person appealing had a newer corrected sheet! Just wondered who had prepared it and therefore who was at fault.

PM
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

That is a mistake by the LA.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now