KEHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
layla

KEHS

Post by layla »

Can we discuss the KEHS entrance test??? I'm new to this forum and am just interested to see how other girls found the test, my daughter found it challenging, but came out happy after test :D . I know its very competitive to gain a place, but how does it work exactly, do we just wait for results or are interviews planned too.
blackwellmum

kehs

Post by blackwellmum »

My friends daughter took the test and said it was very hard(she's a bright girl) she had done the king edwards foundation exam before hand but with KEHS felt that she had been so worried that she hadn't concentrated and missed lots of questions out. When do you find out? has anyone been called for interviews yet? As I understand(if its the same as the boys school) if you are going to be offered scholarship or bursary you get an interview or if your child is borderline. Correct me if I'm wrong!! Good luck to all. We're waiting on Five Ways results next month!
fm

Post by fm »

Can only go on what happened with my pupils last year.

All 6 heard on a Saturday (because they kept phoning when I was tutoring). 3 won small scholarships (6.25%), 1 a full bursary and 2 just ordinary places. None were interviewed.

Last year they took the scholarship funding they had available and split it into many parts. The highest one I personally heard about was 12.5%, although another parent told me she thought someone had won 25%.

I suspect you will have the answer on the 14th Saturday, timed to coincide with half-term.

Possibly KEHS doesn't feel the need to interview because they have already observed the girls over the two days.
layla

Post by layla »

thank you fm & blackwellmum. Fm where about do you tutor, thanks again
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

"Possibly KEHS doesn't feel the need to interview because they have already observed the girls over the two days"

Or possibly because their web site says they're only going to offer two scholarships :shock:.

Mike
fm

Post by fm »

I think you'll find they split up these two scholarships and just dole them out depending on performance in exam. Last year I think they offered the top 20 to 30 in exam scholarships, mostly 6.25 which 1/16 of a full scholarship.

I have been told that KEHS have a lot less scholarships to give out that KES because, while wealthy men will donate money to their old schools for this purpose, women rarely do.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

That makes sense; the web page actually says "two full scholarships" so if you assume it means 200% of a full fee then it would be 20-30 sixteenths plus a few larger ones.

Mike
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now