KES Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

za1

KES Results

Post by za1 »

Morning,

We have just received the KES results.

My son has been offered a fee-paying place. They said that he had not finished high enough to be offered an assisted place as these are reserved for the top performing students only.

Nevertheless, I am very pleased with the offer and delighted for my son.

Good luck to anyone who is waiting for the KES results.
layla

Post by layla »

Congratultions Za1, my daughter too has been offered a full fee place at KEHS, we were so thrilled she had managed to gain a place, but unfortuantley at the same time disheartened becasue as a single parent on a very low income I cannot afford it, we were hoping for a scholarship. Does anyone know any charitable orgainsations I could write to please.
layla

Post by layla »

KenR
I have sent you a PM
shana Lewis

Post by shana Lewis »

Well done ZA and Layla to you and your children.

We are in the same position. DS offered a place at full fee paying - did well on the test but not quite enough for an assisted place - competition very tough this year probably down to the credit crunch!

Very pleased with him anyway, but I think we will be waiting on the grammar school selection with more nerves than ever now.
layla

Post by layla »

Thank you Shana Lewis
KenR I have sent you anothe PM
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Hi Layla,

Could you explain how 'charities' work in this situation?
My son also has been offered a fee paying place at KES. We won't make a decision until after the grammar results in March.

Well done to all.
layla

Post by layla »

Hi DIY mum
I don't know just clutching at straws/dreams :(
just asking can we look for financial help elsewhere.
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Congrats to all. My d has also been offfered a full fee place and I too have mixed emotions as delighted for her but also cannot afford full fees.

I'd also be very interested in details of any organisations who may be able to assist with fees.

Still going to celebrate her achievements, tho'... our kids have done so well to be offered places.

Clarendon
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Hi all,

Congratulations to all offered a place - sort of! bit of a poisoned chalice when you don't think you can manage the fees :? , but all the same KES and KEHS are amongst the very finest schools in the country and it's a fantastic achievement to have a place there, whether or not you take it up.

No luck here - son not offered a place at KES (my "glass half full" other half said brightly "Well, at least we can go ahead and book a holiday now!") so we go into 2nd March without a safety net (gulp!).

Mike
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Mike... best wishes for 2.3 ...stay positive.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now