11+ Southend Boys Grammar School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest123

11+ Southend Boys Grammar School

Post by Guest123 »

I was just wondering whether anyone knows what percentage you need to get in each of the tests to be given a place at southend

also can someone tell me how the catchment area for southend effects waht marks you need to get to get in
Danger

SHSB

Post by Danger »

What percentage you need depends where you live.

In catchment you might get away with roughly 65% all round but out of catchment you may need 75%. It differs so much from year to year that it is difficult to answer but you usualy need a fair few more from outside catchment.
remlap

11+ pasmark fro southed boys high

Post by remlap »

My son took the test yesterady too.

I was told by the consortium for the past 2 years the in catchment pass mark is 55% which = a score of 302.5. Out of catchment is roughly 10% more.

i.e. you won't get in with a score less than 302.5...2005 they did not offer all within catchment palces as not enough reached this score, so more places out of catchment were offered.

I use the word "pass" mark loosely becasue as the powers that be insist there is no pass/fail....Ha! who are they kidding!

My son found the papers much as other messages posted..Maths and VR as expected and English very difficult...not surprsied..Tess of the D'Aubervilles was an o-level piece in my day..ridiculous!..They are just pushing the bar higher each year and I think it's unfair on 10 year old kids. I felt like I was taking a lamb to slaughter yesterday.

good luck for results in March
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now