City of London Girls school - what is it like?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hopeful 4

City of London Girls school - what is it like?

Post by hopeful 4 »

Can anyone who has experience of their dd attending this school tell me what they think of it.
I would be especially interested to hear from someone whose child goes there but previously attended a state primary school.

Thankyou
another mother

Post by another mother »

Hi Hopeful4
I have pm'd you.
hopeful 4

Post by hopeful 4 »

hi there,

Thankyou Another mother. I checked my pms and it hasnt come through.
Please could you resend?
Many thanks.
another mother

Post by another mother »

have tried again - let me know if it comes through!
another mother

Post by another mother »

Hi Hopeful 4

If you didn't get the message can you pm me? That seems to jump whatever gremlin won't let my pm's through.
best
coolmum123

Post by coolmum123 »

Hi,

my neice is currently at City she has been there for past 3 years. Altho' she was at a prep school prior to this. She loves it!! They do give them a lot of homework so I guess organisation would be quite key to being able to cope but so far she has coped very well with the level of work that they are given and is thriving.
coolmum123

Post by coolmum123 »

Hi

I was going thru old treads and found this, which may answer your questions. The post is from beentherebeforebutnoeasier.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... c&start=40

regards
hopeful 4

Post by hopeful 4 »

Hi there another mother I have pm'ed you!
( I please confirm you have received it)

Also to cool mum, thats a very interesting thread, thankyou for highlighting it.
another mother

Post by another mother »

umm - you have the same gremlin! It hasn't come through but do try again as has worked with first timer!
To all those waiting for consortium results - if you had a number of interviews I will eat various hats if you don't get at least some offers -and maybe all - try not to worry - I was completely MAD both times so I really feel for you.
starcat71

Post by starcat71 »

My daughter has just received a full fee-paying offer for a place at City of London for Girls. We applied to no other private schools due to the high number of bursaries offered by the school. We cannot afford to pay much of a contribution towards the fees ourselves, but have been assured that we are on a 'reserve list' in case any bursaries become available.

Has anyone had a similar experience to this? What is normally the likelihood of a bursary arising? Are there any other routes we can take outside of the school (donors, trusts, grants) that might subsidise the fees? I am a single mother and we are a low income household.

Thank you for your help.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now