Success!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sweaty Palms

Success!

Post by Sweaty Palms »

We have returned from a few days away to find our 'envelope' with our outcome waiting for us. We had booked a few days away during the 1/2 term to look forward to, thinking we would have been advised either-way by the time we departed. However, we were postponed due to the snow and had to go away prior to receiving our outcome.

We managed to put it to the back of our minds whilst we were away, but our lengthy journey home was stressful, knowing we had to find out the verdict upon our return.

Our panel, whilst very kind, didn't give anything away during our hearing and (like other forum comments have mentioned) everything escapes you when asked for additional comments, so do write all your comments down before you go in. I have personally found this forum a wonderful resource and whilst appealing is extremely stressful, it has enabled our DS to be able to proceed in a GS and hopefully go from strength to strength.

Our DS was given a 3:3 by his form teacher and as his parents we did question this ranking. Whilst we appreciate the weight the HT ranking carries, as parent's your comments will still be taken into consideration by the panel.

I wish everyone still awaiting their results our best wishes for a favourable outcome.

Thank you to all forum members for your invaluable comments.

Kindest Regards, Sweaty Palms
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Congratulations Sweaty Palms, wonderful News! :D

BW
lilly

Post by lilly »

Congratulations, I am very pleased things went well for you.

Lilly
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Great news - well done to overturn the 3:3 HT ranking! :D :D
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I agree with Guest55 - you did well to overcome the 3:3 recommendation.

Congratulations!
Etienne