St Helen's interviews

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Northdad

St Helen's interviews

Post by Northdad »

DD took the exam yesterday at St Helen's. Pleasantly surprised to get a call from the school within 24 hours (and on a Saturday), inviting DD for an interview next week. How could they have marked 600 papers already?

Anyone out there with experience of St Helen's interviews?

Good luck to all those who are waiting.

Many Thanks
CandyCrush

Re: St Helen's interviews

Post by CandyCrush »

Hi Northdad

I'm a St Helen's parent.

Did your daughter actually sit the consortium papers at St Helen's? If so, they mark the papers very quickly and invite the strongest candidates for interview in less that 24 hours.
Northdad

Post by Northdad »

She did sit at St Helen's. But there were hundreds there. The school treated the children extremely well, including a lovely hot lunch complete with chocolate pudding :D
CandyCrush

Post by CandyCrush »

Well, your daughter must've done very well indeed to get called back so quickly. I hope she likes the school even more when she comes back for interview.
marktheshark

Post by marktheshark »

DD also got an email inviting her to an interview at St H. Mentions that she will be asked problem solving questions.

Still waiting to hear from her other schools.
11plusparent2016

Post by 11plusparent2016 »

I was also surprised when we got the call today from St Helens for a next week interview and Good Luck to all those who are waiting
CandyCrush

Post by CandyCrush »

That's good to hear marktheshark.

11plusparent2016, I see from previous posts that your dd did very well in the HBS exam so I'm not surprised St Helen's got in touch so quickly.
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

To be honest I don't think it's an indication of how well they did in the exam. I mean they've done well enough to get an interview but I don't think they interview the top candidates extra quickly. Good luck to everyone, I am also a St Helen's parent, my dd is very happy there, it's a lovely school.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I agree. They just get in quick as they know Habs, NLCS, St Albans and the other Consortium will be coming shortly and they want to get dates nailed down first.

I know of several dds who were phoned today. It would not take a group of teachers long to get phoning and get through the list of those they want to interview. I don't think it is only the strongest candidates who have received phone calls today. DG
CandyCrush

Post by CandyCrush »

I can only talk from personal experience.

When dd took the exam a few years ago, we received our call on the Saturday morning. At the interview, I commended the school for contacting us so quickly and was told that they were very keen to meet some candidates sooner, rather than later. DD was offered an academic scholarship, as were 2 others I know who attended early interview.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now