Languages at RHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rugbymumto2

Languages at RHS

Post by Rugbymumto2 »

We received a letter from RHS yesterday which was nice as with the lack of acceptance this year I was still slightly anxious! It was good to get the term dates and the up-to-date uniform list (the one on the website is not up-to-date). There was a second letter explaining that girls now have to choose either French or Spanish and the choice will determine their form groups which I believe is a big shake-up.They still do Latin alongside it. We have posted off DDs choice, I find it very strange in this technological age, where the girls are expected to take a device to school every day, we have to post a reply rather than being given an option to email it!!
sportsforall

Re: Languages at RHS

Post by sportsforall »

Agree re posting - but also anxious about making a decision on her language choices for the next three years before she even starts.

Does feel great to have it in writing though. When will you make a start on the uniform list?
Rugbymumto2

Post by Rugbymumto2 »

I am going to start on the uniform tomorrow! We have a fairly quiet weekend so I want to size/price up the things we definitely need, not sure I will actually buy anything yet though. We know quite a few girls at the school and have been told the blazers from Webb Ellis are better and the blouses are cheaper in the uniform shop as they have offers on.

DD was instant in her decision for the language choice, she has had minimal exposure to both but as she was so adamant I am happy for her to decide.
Rugbylady13

Post by Rugbylady13 »

My DD is in year 7 at RHS and they have been doing all 3 languages do far but have now been asked to choose 2 to carry on into year 8.

With regard to uniform we got ours all from The School shop and did take a couple of things back nearer to September as she had outgrown them but they happily swapped them. I have been told that there is a logo change on the uniform and there are different coloured pe tops depending which house they are in and we didn't find out until July what house they were in. We also bought the shorts and skort. She lost the shorts within the first half term and I didn't replace them and she hasn't been asked to wear them.
cupcake19

Post by cupcake19 »

My daughter can take 30 minutes to decide what she wants to eat in the morning. Unsurprisingly, she has not yet decided which language to go for.

It was lovely to get the letter. Even though I'd accepted the place online, actually receiving something was fantastic. It's also good to read uniform advice. I'm sure in Year 7 we'll end up buying a lot and then gradually reducing as she goes through the years.