Anyone going to Dartford Grammar School from Blackheath?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Thymus2006

Anyone going to Dartford Grammar School from Blackheath?

Post by Thymus2006 »

Hello my DS will be going to DGS this September. I wondered if there were any other children coming from this area or picking up the train at a earlier/later stop? I know some current Year 7s and Year 8s but struggling to find anyone off to Dartford this year! Thank you.
salsa

Re: Anyone going to Dartford Grammar School from Blackheath?

Post by salsa »

Hi. There will be a few, but going on the branch via Greenwich, so they wouldn't cross path with your son.

Salsa
Thymus2006

Post by Thymus2006 »

Thanks. I looked into that train route and it stops at some of the same stations as the Blackheath train: Charlton, Woolwich Arsenal and Abbey Wood. There is also a slightly later train from Blackheath that includes stops at Lewisham, Kidbrooke, Eltham and Falconwood. Maybe there will be some boys coming from those areas?
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

Our son takes both of those lines, there are quite a few boys that all roughly get the same train in the morning and across all years they all do tend to look after each other !
Elenajob

Post by Elenajob »

RoboR, how often are the trains to Dartford in the morning via Bexleyheath? My daughter will use the trains to DGGS from next September. Thank you
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

Because DGGS starts a bit earlier then DGS I have seen that the DGGS normally get the 0726 train from Lewisham (A direct train to Dartford non stopping except blackheath) and that gets them into Dartford for 750, so I think the latest train your daughter can get would be 0732 from Bexleyheath to Dartford which would give plenty of time to get up to the school.
SE7mum

Post by SE7mum »

My son will be travelling from this area. He attended the induction day yesterday and am keen for him to meet some other boys that live locally to Greenwich, Blackheath and Charlton. Would really appreciate if you could get in touch X
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now