Waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Kismet

Waiting list

Post by Kismet »

Hello. Did anyone else ask to go on waiting list for first choice schools? I thought I was supposed to hear today but I can't find where I get that date from and I haven't heard anything yet.
Amber

Re: Waiting list

Post by Amber »

Suggest you call the school in question. :)
can'tthinkofone

Post by can'tthinkofone »

I thought it was tomorrow 29th.
cazien

Post by cazien »

SHS states "After Wednesday 29th March 2017 Outcome of waiting list requests", so you could hear anytime. Don't forget, movement happens all the time - even after school starts in September.
Mummy Moomin

Post by Mummy Moomin »

I just wondered if you heard back today ? We requested re consideration too.

Thanks
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Thanks all. I haven't heard anything. I think Cazien and can'tthink are right and that its out tomorrow. I thought I'd seen an online date of 27th with 29th on the paper form I got through the post. I'm a bit neurotic and always have a niggling doubt that I might not have followed the process correctly :) err, talking of which I must remember bus pass applications.

I wonder what proportion asks to go on waiting list and how many just accept the decision. I think I saw somewhere that Crypt holds back a number of places on allocation day but I don't see how that works if allocations are meted out by the council.

Thanks Amber, I will call the school if I don't hear in the next couple of days.
Mummy Moomin

Post by Mummy Moomin »

We were told next Monday. Which school are you waiting for ?
Mummy Moomin

Post by Mummy Moomin »

Silly me I just realised, it's Crypt. No they don't hold places but there is movement and so that's what your waiting on really. Good luck and let me know :wink:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Ah, mummy moomin, a red herring but not deliberately so....waiting on Denmark Rd, which is really really difficult as I think DD would be very happy at Ribston. There are various reasons though why Denmark, including DS at Tommies. Crypt thing was just something I'd heard, that on allocations day they don't fill the PAN. Who knows....mine is not to reason why....

Where are you waiting on MM?
Mummy Moomin

Post by Mummy Moomin »

Waiting on Marling.

Ribston is fab (I went there) so yes relax your win win either way :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now