Letters from school and your local authority

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Elenajob

Letters from school and your local authority

Post by Elenajob »

Hello,
After your child was offered a place what letters from school and Bexley authority did you receive?
As we applied on EAdmission and got our first choice school we only received an email from Bexley EAdmission with our offer. After that we got a letter from DGGS with some forms that we needed to fill in and some documents we needed to bring them to proof our address. On that letter from DGGS it was says "you will have received a letter from your local authority regarding your offer", shall we receive any letter from Bexley or as we got our first choice it was only email.
Also, we should receive another letter from DGGS regarding Transition evening and Induction day and we are still waiting for this.
ToadMum

Re: Letters from school and your local authority

Post by ToadMum »

Elenajob wrote:Hello,
After your child was offered a place what letters from school and Bexley authority did you receive?
As we applied on EAdmission and got our first choice school we only received an email from Bexley EAdmission with our offer. After that we got a letter from DGGS with some forms that we needed to fill in and some documents we needed to bring them to proof our address. On that letter from DGGS it was says "you will have received a letter from your local authority regarding your offer", shall we receive any letter from Bexley or as we got our first choice it was only email.
Also, we should receive another letter from DGGS regarding Transition evening and Induction day and we are still waiting for this.
Dartford being a Kent school (I think?), their standard letters probably reflect Kent CC practice - assuming that Kent do send a letter confirming school allocation?

I'm not in your area, but assuming that the induction day is sometime much nearer the end of term, I wouldn't worry too much about not having had specific correspondence about this just yet, as you have already had confirmation from the school that your DD has been allocated a place there.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Elenajob

Post by Elenajob »

Thank you for your reply, ToadMum. It's just sometimes we have problems with our post delivery and some letters never reach us.
Have you received any letters from your school?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Elenajob wrote:Thank you for your reply, ToadMum. It's just sometimes we have problems with our post delivery and some letters never reach us.
Have you received any letters from your school?
We are across the Estuary and our youngest is now in year 9 - I just hang around out of curiosity :D . I know what you mean about post, though. Ours is usually quite reliable these days, but it occurred to me this morning that a large envelope I am expecting re something I am doing next week is so far conspicuous by its absence on the doormat...

I'm sure the school won't mind a call to check about the dates / timings. I'm certain your wouldn't be the only one.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now