Admissions catchment Query - WGGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

elevenplus

Admissions catchment Query - WGGS

Post by elevenplus »

I am renting and living outside catchment area right now. Thinking to move close to WGGS.
1. What are the chances of getting dd admission if I move close to WGGS?
2. Will dd have to sit in the academic test if catchment criteria applies?
Cutting42

Re: Admissions catchment Query - WGGS

Post by Cutting42 »

Nothing is guaranteed. A distance place would require living VERY close to the school. It was around 600 meters last year but a couple of years before it was only 250 meters. A pure distance place does not require a test to be taken or passed.

The catchment to qualify for the academic/music entry has two levels: Inner getting 60% academic and music places and Outer getting 40% of the available places.

Most recommend taking the test even if you are very close to maximise chances.
elevenplus

Post by elevenplus »

Cutting42 wrote:Nothing is guaranteed. A distance place would require living VERY close to the school. It was around 600 meters last year but a couple of years before it was only 250 meters. A pure distance place does not require a test to be taken or passed.

The catchment to qualify for the academic/music entry has two levels: Inner getting 60% academic and music places and Outer getting 40% of the available places.

Most recommend taking the test even if you are very close to maximise chances.
Thanks for your reply. My DD will be giving academic test. Thinking to move in catchment area to maximise the chances.
Otter

Post by Otter »

I suggest that you move as soon as possible, certainly before the CAF submission deadline in October. Also you must be able to prove that you have severed all ties to your previous address.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now