Mock exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
joolz32

Mock exams

Post by joolz32 »

Hi all,

Has anyone had experience of the mock 11 plus exams before? My Dd took one yesterday and didn't do as well as we thought she would. We got the results online and she got 60% on VR and English but only 50% on NVR and maths. I'm hoping the mocks are harder than the actual test!
Mintan

Re: Mock exams

Post by Mintan »

Hi

If it's any consolation my daughter didn't do too well in the mock exams.
She took them last month.

I think they are designed to be harder than the tests (at least that's what I am hoping)
Godfather

Post by Godfather »

I would practice on Letts cem mock tests ...aim to get 70%....
Practice makes perfect...
shabbymummy

Post by shabbymummy »

Hello

My son didn't do too brilliantly at the (ridiculously expensive, commercial) mock he did. I didn't dwell on it with him - he actually came out quite happy, so I didn't burst his bubble by sharing his results with him. I wanted him to just experience a formal exam situation, so it was useful in that sense.

I'm also hoping the real thing isn't going to be quite so hard.

For what it's worth, my older son did the same company's mock two years ago, and then found the real test far easier and did well. He also found most of the practice books far harder too.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. Now I'm just going for the little and often approach of various short tests and exercises every day. It's such a pain having to do it in the summer holidays and we're all just basically utterly bored and fed up with the whole thing!

Good luck!
Mintan

Post by Mintan »

Shabby mummy

Couldn't agree with you more.
Can't tell if it's me or my daughter who is more fed up!
Mintan

Post by Mintan »

But thank you for posting your previous experience.
It always helps us first timers to hear it from parents who have been through it before
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

The mocks are very useful as, even if your child didn't do as well as expected, it will have given them valuable experience of sitting in a strange place under timed conditions. An eye opener for us was just how many clever kids there are out there and we couldn't be complacent - the children at the mocks will be the competition on the day. The standard of the mocks that ds took varied. On the whole, they were representative of the real level but we were aiming for a super selective score.