Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:11 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:19 pm
Posts: 38
Hi :) Can I join the September 2018 gang. Panicking about how little time there is left, as I am normally a very organised person; but this deadline has completely passed me by. Looking forward to sharing the journey


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:09 pm
Posts: 137
halsea wrote:
Hi :) Can I join the September 2018 gang. Panicking about how little time there is left, as I am normally a very organised person; but this deadline has completely passed me by. Looking forward to sharing the journey


I wouldn't panic just make sure you use the next few weeks well...especially the six weeks holidays :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:19 pm
Posts: 38
Thanks Caveman :) The issue is that we booked several trips away before knowing the deadline was so soon. Are you all using the Bond books for 10-11+ with your children? A friend who has recently gone through the process recommended those.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:09 pm
Posts: 137
halsea wrote:
Thanks Caveman :) The issue is that we booked several trips away before knowing the deadline was so soon. Are you all using the Bond books for 10-11+ with your children? A friend who has recently gone through the process recommended those.


We used CGP books with my son. I have another son in year 4 and we are still using the CGP books. I like them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:10 am
Posts: 310
Caveman47 wrote:
halsea wrote:
Thanks Caveman :) The issue is that we booked several trips away before knowing the deadline was so soon. Are you all using the Bond books for 10-11+ with your children? A friend who has recently gone through the process recommended those.


We used CGP books with my son. I have another son in year 4 and we are still using the CGP books. I like them.


We found the CGP 10 minute test books really good.

We did a few mixed papers in August - as long as you can fit a few in, to practice the timing and doing a mixture of different topics.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:19 pm
Posts: 38
Thanks both, are they these books?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/CGP-11-Plus-Sc ... 1966529031


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:09 pm
Posts: 137
halsea wrote:



Yes that's the books.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:19 pm
Posts: 38
Thank you. We are visiting Five Ways for an open day at the end of this month, have you guys already been?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:10 am
Posts: 310
halsea wrote:
Thank you. We are visiting Five Ways for an open day at the end of this month, have you guys already been?


My children and in year 7 and 9 now so we’re past the open days but we loved Five Ways when we visited. Is that your nearest grammar? I’d advise visiting all of them in case you find yourself looking at a score in October which wouldn’t quite make Five Ways but would be enough for another Grammar. It’s good to have thought it through in advance including travel arrangements!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:38 am
Posts: 1297
Location: West Midlands / warks border
When my DS & DD did the 11+ I managed to find some CEM papers on line (cem are the people who write the exam)

Over the last couple of years the exam is weighted more towards verbal reasoning , they need to have a wide vocabulary, so need to spend the summer reading.

Have you registered yet? The deadline is looming.

We are lucky to have the choice of Birmingham and Warwickshire schools where we live, when looking at schools for DS we visited KES (Stratford, which I loved) Alcester Grammar and Five Ways.

My son loved FW, it had a really nice feel and vibe.

You do need to visit the schools before deciding on them.

DS in year 11 at FW (last GCSE today!) And DD in year 8, both are very happy there. (My niece is starting in September)

Good luck!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2018