Induction Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Macmum

Re: Induction Day

Post by Macmum »

Hi

Although it was short and sweet, I’m so glad that our son got his place from the waiting list in time to attend today. He even managed to make a few friends which has eased my mind somewhat. He was a little nervous this afternoon but came out happy and relaxed.

The rest of his peers at primary have had anywhere between 1-3 days this week at their new secondary school. Hopefully the QM boys can form bonds during the activities of the first 2 days in September.
solimum

Post by solimum »

Our comp had the transition day today and I was attached to a group of around 30 pupils (along with two current year 7s as additional "helpers". They mostly seemed fine and one boy confided in me during their history taster "I'm really enjoying this today Miss". All together now - Ahhhhh bless
beepdad

Post by beepdad »

Solimum if I was in Solihull and had the option of Tudor Grange or Alderbrook I wouldn't have thought about grammar school at all!
rah_b92

Post by rah_b92 »

beepdad wrote:Solimum if I was in Solihull and had the option of Tudor Grange or Alderbrook I wouldn't have thought about grammar school at all!
It's fair to observe that not everyone in Solihull has the choice of either of those schools... We're not that far from the town centre, but on the wrong side. Might have just about made Alderbrook off the waiting list; absolutely no hope of Tudor Grange from where we are. Lode Heath (or Lyndon) would be the option here.
solimum

Post by solimum »

And interestingly neither the school I now work at, or the school my DC attended for a total of 17 years between them, are among those mentioned above!
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Macmum wrote:Hi

Although it was short and sweet, I’m so glad that our son got his place from the waiting list in time to attend today. He even managed to make a few friends which has eased my mind somewhat. He was a little nervous this afternoon but came out happy and relaxed.

The rest of his peers at primary have had anywhere between 1-3 days this week at their new secondary school. Hopefully the QM boys can form bonds during the activities of the first 2 days in September.
Glad your son made it
It took my DS a few weeks to find his feet at QMGS but now at end y7 classes are close.
Macmum

Post by Macmum »

He said all the boys he met were very nice and he doesn't have any concerns about it (as yet).

We had to get his sportswear and uniform last week too (ouch-it hurt lol). But I have to say, the volunteers, staff and students were so helpful and pleasant. As ds is the eldest of 4 siblings, we haven't been through anything like this before. They really helped to put us at ease.