11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Caveman47

Good luck to all those attending Induction Day

Post by Caveman47 »

Pray they all have fun :D
kellyann

Re: GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE ATTENDING INDUCTION DAY

Post by kellyann »

How exciting for them all :-) does anybody know if there are usually ‘no shows’ which will offer places to those on the waiting list? Does the list usually move after induction days? X
helen0209

Re: GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE ATTENDING INDUCTION DAY

Post by helen0209 »

kellyann wrote:How exciting for them all :-) does anybody know if there are usually ‘no shows’ which will offer places to those on the waiting list? Does the list usually move after induction days? X
If there are no shows they will confirm if they were sick / still want the place or have accepted elsewhere. There will be some movements as a result. If you are still waiting, all the best.
kellyann

Re: Good luck to all those attending Induction Day

Post by kellyann »

Thanks
Lategate

Post by Lategate »

Just found this thread- my son said there were 2 no-shows in his form group at HGS induction day. They may be sick, unable to attend... may give some hope to a waiting parent and child on here.
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

Lategate wrote:Just found this thread- my son said there were 2 no-shows in his form group at HGS induction day. They may be sick, unable to attend... may give some hope to a waiting parent and child on here.
Lategate did your son enjoy his day?
Lategate

Post by Lategate »

Thanks for asking Caveman- he really did enjoy it. He said he’d given his email address to a boy in his form, and that he had enjoyed the lessons and his lunch (food was a big worry for him). He was exhausted last night though!
We got uniform and pe kit whilst we were there. I thought it was really well organised. I was trying to scope out potential forum members whilst I was there, so apologies to anyone who saw me inadvertently staring!

How about your son?
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Lategate wrote:I was trying to scope out potential forum members whilst I was there, so apologies to anyone who saw me inadvertently staring!
. :lol:

We should have had name badges too!! DS is in Nelson if anyone wants to seek me out next time :D .

Glad he had a good day Lategate - DS’s lunch consisted of pizza, roast potatoes and sweetcorn - bizarre combination. He enjoyed it too, and kept being called ‘little *name of his brother*’ by various people all day. Gave me the feeling of a good community there if people from all years knew who DS1 was.

He chose to do the Green Bus with DS1 which was strange for me as we took DS1 on his Induction Day, but at least I knew he wasn’t on his own :)

He doesn’t think that everyone showed up either, so fingers crossed for those still waiting.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

When DS1 and DS2 had their induction days, I went with each of them on the (public) bus. With DS1, parents were allowed to go into the grounds and wait with the boys (at least one other mum and I were on a bus into town before they had been taken into the building, but some were still clinging on to the last moment). Six years later, the school had obviously got fed up with clingy parents and it was officially 'send them through the gate towards the appropriately labelled table and now go away :lol: .

In between times, DD (having by then got the hang of the whole having to stick your hand out to show the bus driver you're not just standing in the bus stop because you're bored thing) insisted on doing the two bus journey on her own. I did make a detour on my way by car to where I was going a bit later, to check that I could actually see her in the playground waiting to be taken in. When I told her that, I don't think she was very impressed with my lack of faith in her, though :lol: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
clover4green

Post by clover4green »

my ds enjoyed the induction yesterday, they had some sports activities as well as some quiz which related to maths and reading. also there will be a 1 week sports camp take place on the end of the month for new comers.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now