Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Year 7 QE Boys
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:36 pm 

Strange, I thought the excessive XBox and iPad would stop at Secondary school as DS would be really busy with homework but most of the homework tasks appear to be getting school kit,folders kind of stuff, really not much to keep busy at the moment..Maybe things pick up as days go by...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:40 am 

DS is in Y7. He does about an hour to 90 mins in the evening but he is beginning to realise that planning ahead saves a lot of stress. We have left him to figure it out by himself as we think that he has to learn how to manage his time even if me makes mistakes. He is mad on football and still finds time to play and watch in the evenings. I must admit I impressed by the support that the school is giving.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:31 pm 

wildman wrote:
DS is in Y7. He does about an hour to 90 mins in the evening but he is beginning to realise that planning ahead saves a lot of stress. We have left him to figure it out by himself as we think that he has to learn how to manage his time even if me makes mistakes. He is mad on football and still finds time to play and watch in the evenings. I must admit I impressed by the support that the school is giving.

I completely agree. QEB have been more supportive than I thought they would be and the boys definitely need to work things out for themselves. I loosely monitor what's going on with homework, packing school bag, but that's it. DS knows what he needs to do so needs to do it and ask me if he requires help.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:09 pm 

Hi Ladies,
Looking at planning exam for my son and required prep. Which advice can you give me for QE,when is right time to start? 8 years old? How many places does the school have in Y7?

Thanks xx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:56 pm 

If you want to find out basic information like numbers you will find it on the school website.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:57 pm 

I got a message from a pupil via the homework app informing me that the hwk took 50 mins and not 30 mins. I was impressed with the initiative shown.