Tiffin Girls stage 1

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ninanina

Tiffin Girls stage 1

Post by ninanina »

Good morning,

I am trying to help out a friend and find out about entry exams to Tiffin Girls school. I looked in their website and found there is Stage 1 Maths and English and Stage 2 Maths and English. I have no experience of the school whatsoever. Could you please let me know anything else about the format of the exam that is known but I have not mentioned. For instance, is Stage 1 CEM or GL? How long is each paper, how many questions? Is it multiple choice? Stage 2 - is it traditional format English comprehension, writing and maths? Is Stage 2 written inhouse?

Thank you very much for your help.
scary mum

Re: Tiffin Girls stage 1

Post by scary mum »

Hopefully someone with local knowledge will be along to help you out later, but in the meantime there is some information here.
scary mum
squareofthewicket

Re: Tiffin Girls stage 1

Post by squareofthewicket »

ninanina wrote:Good morning,

I am trying to help out a friend and find out about entry exams to Tiffin Girls school. I looked in their website and found there is Stage 1 Maths and English and Stage 2 Maths and English. I have no experience of the school whatsoever. Could you please let me know anything else about the format of the exam that is known but I have not mentioned. For instance, is Stage 1 CEM or GL? How long is each paper, how many questions? Is it multiple choice? Stage 2 - is it traditional format English comprehension, writing and maths? Is Stage 2 written inhouse?

Thank you very much for your help.
Hello ninanina
The Tiffin Girls School has a two stage entrance exam.

Stage 1 is MC English & Maths. The papers are set by the school, so IMHO don't really conform to either CEM or GL style exams. IIRC, from DDs experience from 2 years ago, the English paper can have CEM style questions like Cloze, missing words etc. Some of the Maths questions aren't really MC - This http://www.tiffingirls.kingston.sch.uk/ ... 2.pdf.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; should give you an idea.

Stage 2 is where you have to write your answers / show workings - this is referred to as standard format. The papers are English Comprehension, Maths & Creative writing piece.

Hope that helps.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now