Go to navigation
It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 4:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:26 am 

Hi, I am thinking of moving to Macclesfield, as my partner lives there and cannot obtain a job where I live, despite trying for three years now. Unfortunately, this would mean moving my dd, currently in Year 8 and thriving both academically and socially. I am very concerned about moving her . Does anyone have any experience of moving teenagers? She's not very resilient and would be, understandably, very unhappy to leave her friends. How difficult would it be to make new friends? She's a friendly, loveĺy girl.
We are thinking of All Hallows. Does anyone have any experience of this, or other local schools? Fallowfield is full. I'm in turmoil.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:16 am 

All Hallows is a lovely, successful, catholic school. It's academically strong and the setting/grounds are very appealing. It has a warm, inclusive and welcoming ethos. You wouldn't be disappointed if your daughter went there.

I assume you meant Falibroome school rather than Fallowfield, again a very good inclusive school with superb sports facilities. As it is such a small school it is always difficult to find a place. I think your next option would be Tytherington High but I don't know much about it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:53 am 

Thank you so much for the reassurance, Fatsals. I did indeed mean Falibroome. Thankfully, All Hallows does have a place, and I am hoping to visit next week. Do you have children there, may I ask? Do you think my daughter will manage to make friends? She's a friendly, diligent girl.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:17 pm 

I'm a teacher and have taught in the region for a long time. I know All Hallows well and have visited on a number of occasions and have taught many, many children who have gone there. I'm sure when you visit you will get a feel for the school and be pleased.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:23 pm 

Thanks so much, I teach too, so keen to find somewhere she can settle and flourish.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:35 pm 

Just to say we really liked the feel of All Hallows. Thanks again.