Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:47 am 

The pass mark for Adams has dropped from 309 in 2020 to 301 in 2021. This seems like quite a reduction to me. Why is this likely to be? What information is used to decide the pass mark? It will surely mean that a lot more places will go to catchment boys which I know is the Head's intention. We're out of catchment and our lad scored 350+ so I think he's probably fine, but I think the drop in the pass mark makes it tricker to get an idea of what score is likely to be needed for OOC boys.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:29 am 

We are out of catchment too and my son got 320, so I don’t know what the odds are of getting in. I know some boys from his school have got in to Adams since the catchment area was created.

I would guess the score is lower this year either because children have lost so much schooling due to covid, or to try and increase the proportion of children who are from the catchment area. There are also 30 more places this year than last year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:46 am 

I have heard that a boy got a place last year at 317 but whether that was off the waiting list or in March I don't know... fingers crossed.