REDBRIDGE ALLOCATIONS March 1st 2022

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tomcat
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:19 pm

REDBRIDGE ALLOCATIONS March 1st 2022

Post by tomcat »

Please can parents post their offers for ICHS and WCHS

This permits determination of the lower boundary for offers.

Please post SCHOOL / SCORE / [OFFERED or NOT OFFERED]

eg. WCHS 119 OFFERED
eg. ICHS 101 NOT OFFERED
arifa130
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:11 am

Re: REDBRIDGE ALLOCATIONS March 1st 2022

Post by arifa130 »

ICHS - 108.52 - NOT OFFERED

I did call Redbridge yesterday - the cut off mark is 108.58 - which is one away from my DS mark - does anyone know how much movement occurs?
tomcat
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Re: REDBRIDGE ALLOCATIONS March 1st 2022

Post by tomcat »

arifa130 wrote:ICHS - 108.52 - NOT OFFERED

I did call Redbridge yesterday - the cut off mark is 108.58 - which is one away from my DS mark - does anyone know how much movement occurs?
Your son will be very high up on the WL and movement does occur otherwise there would be no list. Fingers crossed you will get an offer.
arifa130
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:11 am

Re: REDBRIDGE ALLOCATIONS March 1st 2022

Post by arifa130 »

Thank you for your well wishes tomcat
Would you by any chance know how many places the waiting list goes up by?
tomcat
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:19 pm

Re: REDBRIDGE ALLOCATIONS March 1st 2022

Post by tomcat »

arifa130 wrote: Would you by any chance know how many places the waiting list goes up by?
I have no idea arifa130. Unfortunately parents that have been in your position are probably not monitoring this forum to guide you and it seems this year's ICHS and WCHS parents (whether offered or on waiting list) are not active here.

I assume the council have informed you what the process is to monitor the waiting list - I'd call them daily if I were you. Best of luck!
Owery
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:07 pm

Re: REDBRIDGE ALLOCATIONS March 1st 2022

Post by Owery »

Hi all

My son is on the waiting list for IC

His exam result was 108.45, which last year we were told would have been enough.

Not this year... The cut was at 108.58.

According to the list published, he's in 5th position....

Then again, he was on position 276 out of the nearly 1000 boys who took the test.... And only 180 places are available...

So.... Out of the 5 scores apart from the 108.58, I wonder how many boys are actually on the waiting list....

Also my son was adopted (i.e. falling under LAC category) I thought there was special provision for this....
ToadMum
Posts: 11830
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Essex

Re: REDBRIDGE ALLOCATIONS March 1st 2022

Post by ToadMum »

Owery wrote:Hi all

My son is on the waiting list for IC

His exam result was 108.45, which last year we were told would have been enough.

Not this year... The cut was at 108.58.

According to the list published, he's in 5th position....

Then again, he was on position 276 out of the nearly 1000 boys who took the test.... And only 180 places are available...

So.... Out of the 5 scores apart from the 108.58, I wonder how many boys are actually on the waiting list....

Also my son was adopted (i.e. falling under LAC category) I thought there was special provision for this....
The '276 out of the 1000 who took the test' is just that - the ones who passed haven't all necessarily put the school on their CAF at all, or have done, but put another school higher, which they got. The waiting list comprises those who have applied for a place at the school (that is, named it as one of their preferences on their CAF in the initial round of allocations, or - either now or possibly at a point a little in the future, depending on how Redbridge operates - have added their names to the list). Taking the test is not applying for a place. So if your DS is currently 5th on the list, that means that above him (in the school's ranking of applicants) there are 4 other boys, who, like your DS, had the school as a preference on their CAF but were unable to be offered a place on March 1st as the school had reached PAN before their rank was reached.

As for your DS being 'PLAC' - if this was evidenced to the local authority at the correct time and qualified LAC / PLAC applicants are allocated as a first priority, then there has been an error and you need to speak to someone at Redbridge ASAP on Monday. What does the school's admissions policy actually say?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster
Posts: 12522
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:51 am
Location: The Seaside

Re: REDBRIDGE ALLOCATIONS March 1st 2022

Post by hermanmunster »

I think page 12 of this is the relevant section - https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/media/9866 ... 021-v1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Priority will be as follows for all year groups:
a. A 'looked after child' or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being
looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements, or special guardianship order,
including those who appear to us to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to
be in state care as a result of being adopted. A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care
of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the
exercise of their social services functions (see the definition in Section 22(1) of the Children Act
1989).
Owery
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:07 pm

Re: REDBRIDGE ALLOCATIONS March 1st 2022

Post by Owery »

Thank you very much for the clarification re LAC.

I will call Redbridge admission team again on Monday...

Re reading this doc, I'm sure convinced my son should have been given a place already on the first draw....
hermanmunster
Posts: 12522
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:51 am
Location: The Seaside

Re: REDBRIDGE ALLOCATIONS March 1st 2022

Post by hermanmunster »

Owery wrote:Thank you very much for the clarification re LAC.

I will call Redbridge admission team again on Monday...

Re reading this doc, I'm sure convinced my son should have been given a place already on the first draw....
Owery, I agree and it is important that you ring to at least find out why he wasn't given a place - hopefully it was an admin error and they will resolve it
Locked
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now