Go to navigation
It is currently Wed May 25, 2022 3:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ways of travel to Pates
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:52 pm 

We are in the house selling/buying process to hopefully get ready for September. I would like to ask for some options about travelling.
Ideally we would move close enough for DC to either walk or cycle but there's no gurantee with house hunting!
I would like to ask about further areas like Longlevens, Churchdown, Huccolcute, Abbymeads and Brockworth. How is the commuting time like going from these areas to Pates? Would you suggest to take the school bus (if availabe) or go on the bus?
Many Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:25 am 

Hi, we're in exactly the same boat. We are looking at Longlevens, Brockworth and Bishop's Cleeve. All have school buses to Pate's and are more affordable than Cheltenham itself. We also like Twigworth. Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:09 am 

Lots of the private buses are filling up quickly, so probably worth checking on spaces. Might be worth looking at normal bus options. We live in Brockworth and I don't think it would be that easy to catch a normal bus from here, abbeymead or Hucclecote. From abbeymead you would probably have to go into Gloucester first. It's worth having a look on Google maps at route options. The number 10 goes through Hucclecote/Brockworth to Cheltenham, but not sure how close the stop would be

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:01 pm 

There is a bus through Abbeymead, Abbeydale etc Bennett’s I think.

If you look at the bus websites they’ll tell you times of their buses. Pates should have a list of routes on their site.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:57 pm 

Choppy wrote:
Hi, we're in exactly the same boat. We are looking at Longlevens, Brockworth and Bishop's Cleeve. All have school buses to Pate's and are more affordable than Cheltenham itself. We also like Twigworth. Good luck!

Thank you, Choppy, it's good to hear I'm not alone :) (in a nice way rather than being in the same stressful process of selling/buying.....). My colleague who lives in Cheltenham also suggested that I look at Bishop's Cleeve as it's one of her favourite places. Only reason we weren't looking was because we sort of wanted to be closer to the Gloucester side in case my younger child doesn't get in to pates in a few years' time and there are other grammars/local schools to choose from.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:02 pm 

Brackenboo wrote:
Lots of the private buses are filling up quickly, so probably worth checking on spaces. Might be worth looking at normal bus options. We live in Brockworth and I don't think it would be that easy to catch a normal bus from here, abbeymead or Hucclecote. From abbeymead you would probably have to go into Gloucester first. It's worth having a look on Google maps at route options. The number 10 goes through Hucclecote/Brockworth to Cheltenham, but not sure how close the stop would be

Thank you, Brackenboo. Seached Google map for bus services and couldn't see any route that goes to Pates easily. I know Igo bus run from brockworth to pates so i might get in touch to see where exactly they stop at brockworth.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:06 pm 

Polgara_Glos wrote:
There is a bus through Abbeymead, Abbeydale etc Bennett’s I think.

If you look at the bus websites they’ll tell you times of their buses. Pates should have a list of routes on their site.

Thank you, Polgara-Glos, I'll go on their website and have a look :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:28 pm 

Igobus stop opposite the Toby Carvery on the way to school and outside it coming home.

They have a big bus swap there, with children for Pates, Tommies and DRHS all getting on the same bus from home and then changing to the bus for their school (or staying on the original if it’s the right one). Then the reverse at the end of the day.

The only thing is that if one bus is late they all are.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:45 am 

I have a friend who lives in Gotherington who travels to DRHS, so there are definitely buses that come from Bishops Cleeve way to Gloucester. If you're looking at Brockworth, then parts of the new Perrybrook development are close to the Toby Carvery stop. We're in Coopers Edge so any stops are a bit of a trek or drive

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 6:15 pm 

Any news, Snow123? We've just had an offer accepted and praying it doesn't all fall through!