Ilford county exam and results process

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
m_saahil

Ilford county exam and results process

Post by m_saahil »

Hi,
Very good forum for sharing information and helping each other especially for new comers like me in this 11plus field. Thank you moderators.
How did you child find the Ilford county exam?
When can we expect the results?I am new to the process also I am out of catchment but would like to move in the area. Can some one please tell me what will be the result email like if a non catchment student gets a place, I mean the format? I have also heard there is a cut out score is it same for both catchment and non catchment students?
I will be very grateful if parents of students who got places previous yrs could help me to understand.
Thank you for all help.
hermanmunster

Re: Ilford county exam and results process

Post by hermanmunster »

looking at the admissions policy it appears that the "pass" mark is 104 and the places (after LAC etc) are offered based on score to catchment pupils then outside (also based on score)

At this stage you haven't applied for a place only to do the exam so the results will probably all look the same regardless of the address and it is not an offer of a place. You have to complete the CAF and then the issue of in or out of catchment will come in to play

Honestly don't know if there are many out of catchment places available - when we lived in rural North Yorks the catchment only accounted for about 40% of the pupils simply because it was a thinly spread population, it may be that in urban areas the places are all taken up by catchment pupils.

Someone may know but if not I'll have a hunt for old allocations later
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Redbridge used to have a statement on its 11+ pages which I believe I once paraphrased as something along the lines of 'and he'll will freeze over before we allow an out of catchment applicant to get a place at our of our grammar schools'.

The information is all in the school's admissions policy and the relevant pages on the Redbridge website (you must have visited this in order to register your DS for the entrance exam? Which as HM has said, is only that, not an application for a place at the school - and this info is something that the Admissions Code obliges the admission authority to make clear to parents).

Particularly if you are considering applying for several school places where a priority admissions area ('catchment') is relevant, you need to read the admissions policy very carefully. e.g if you are applying to any school's within the Essex County Council area, ECC points put in its own essential information for parents that the ECC post-CAF deadline grace period for notifying a change of address does not apply where an individual school imposes different rules (KEGS requires applicants to have been resident from 1st September of year 6 all the way through to the start of Year 7 in order to be considered for an 'in catchment' place, for example).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

just had a look at the allocations for last year and it appears that the cut off was above the 104 and hence they would only have taken in catchment pupils - as TM says you really must read the admissions policies for schools before you fill in the CAF
creative_mum

Post by creative_mum »

Thanks, can I please request parents of ilford county school whose children have got offer email in the previous years to send me the email of offer to the student. Not in here but private msg please striking personal details of the child...it would be very helpful to clarify few things. If you are able to pm me.

Thank u very much
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

creative_mum wrote:Thanks, can I please request parents of ilford county school whose children have got offer email in the previous years to send me the email of offer to the student. Not in here but private msg please striking personal details of the child...it would be very helpful to clarify few things. If you are able to pm me.

Thank u very much
Are you looking for the RESULTS e-mail ? I suspect that anything to do with OFFERS (coming in March) which just state the name of the school allocated
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

hermanmunster wrote:
creative_mum wrote:Thanks, can I please request parents of ilford county school whose children have got offer email in the previous years to send me the email of offer to the student. Not in here but private msg please striking personal details of the child...it would be very helpful to clarify few things. If you are able to pm me.

Thank u very much
Are you looking for the RESULTS e-mail ? I suspect that anything to do with OFFERS (coming in March) which just state the name of the school allocated
The offer of a school place must come from your LA- boring old legal bit again (not trolling, folks, but for a school to contact the parent before this has occurred contravenes the Admissions Code).
Last edited by ToadMum on Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
creative_mum

Post by creative_mum »

Not offer email, but email which says ur child has met the required criteria marks.
npal

Post by npal »

I just noticed someone requested anonymised complete entrance exam result for Ilford County High School through Freedom of information request. Has anyone requested it this year?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now