John Hampden Grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kamal.gulati1

Re: John Hampden Grammar school

Post by Kamal.gulati1 »

Thanks hermanmunster

Yes, that is the another thing I need to check. Is there any good school near around High Wycombe non GS?

Any suggestion by any one?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I don't know the schools around the area, I suspect that the most popular upper schools do get oversubscribed - they are listed on allocation profiles which would give you an idea of what the state of play was at March 1st - this is for 2021 https://buckinghamshire-gov-uk.s3.amazo ... final4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Upper Schools in Buckinghamshire are an extremely mixed bag & some are reported to be rather challenging. They may not offer triple science at GCSE, for example, and their A level offerings may by poor (although of course there is the option to move at 6th form). Any schools which have "All offered" on March 1st will be the less popular ones.
2022 allocations here
scary mum
Kamal.gulati1

Post by Kamal.gulati1 »

Thanks both for answering and very helpful information. I have gone through some other thread here and found below list:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

School Number of
Declinations*
since 1 March
Vacant
Places** as
of 28 April
Aylesbury Grammar
School
<5
Aylesbury High School 8 0
Burnham Grammar
School 9 0
Beaconsfield High
School 5 0
Chesham Grammar
School 5 0
Dr Challoners Grammar
School 6 0
Dr Challoners High
School 8 0
John Hampden
Grammar School 8 0
Royal Grammar School 10 0
Royal Latin School <5 0
Sir Henry Floyd
Grammar School <5 0
Sir William Borlases
Grammar School <5 0
Wycombe High School 6 0

Which says how many places were vacant on April 28th. Apparently, second allocation (May 2022) were not having any vacant places to offer in any Grammar schools in Bucks. Seems like we are going to take very bad decision in life :(
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Those figures are very sobering & it would be a brave person who moved. I know that many do every year, having failed to do any research, & the vast majority of them will be disappointed.
scary mum
Kamal.gulati1

Post by Kamal.gulati1 »

We managed to block a 2 bed flat which is 0.04 mile from School but now I am thinking whether worth going there as if anything comes up would first goes to Siblings or Premium
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

it is certainly a high risk to do that and you would have to prove that you have really moved into the flat (evidence of giving up the old property etc etc) and even then there may not be a space at the school as there are so many people after very few spaces - you may be lucky but it is not something anyone knows in advance.
Kamal.gulati1

Post by Kamal.gulati1 »

I understand that though we will be moving fully but still high risk
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Where will your child go to school for the rest of year 6? I understand Slough isn't very far but it's the sort of thing that raises suspicions. The council have experience of people moving into rented accomodation next door to the school & then moving back to their original property & commuting from there. If they discovered anyone doing this the school place could be taken away.
scary mum
Kamal.gulati1

Post by Kamal.gulati1 »

I was thinking it's not mandatory to change his school as it's last year he would like to spend with his friends. Also he got a trip in May for which we paid already.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now