Leading secondary schools for oxbridge offers

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jazbaati99

Leading secondary schools for oxbridge offers

Post by jazbaati99 »

Done some data crunching on oxbridge offers for 2021 ucas cycle.

This is based on the Oxbridge admission data taken from the link below and times secondary school list of 2023. (Disclaimer: Some schools may be missing from the data due to various reasons)

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the ... upils-in1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I cross checked the rankings from times secondary school list to come up with my list. As it is difficult to post a table here so posting my comments below

1) Based on A level A*-B only, St Paul's girls (99.5%), St Paul's boys school (99.8%) and KCS London (99%) are above QE (98.3%). QE's overall rank based on A*-B result is fourth in the UK and the three schools above it are independent schools

2) For Oxbridge results I used the success percentage of applications. St Paul's Girls (independent) 47%, Kings Maths school London (42%), Westminster (independent) 40%, Haberdashers Girls Elstree (independent) 40%, South Hamstead (independent) 40%, Ayelsbury high school (state) 39%, Kendrick (state) 39% and QE (state) 38% success rate

3) So over all QE ranks third in A*-B ranking and in oxbridge offers QE is 8th with 4 independent and 3 state schools above it.
Last edited by jazbaati99 on Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ann.kumar

Re: Leading secondary schools for oxbridge offers

Post by Ann.kumar »

. In both categorises both schools above QE are fee paying schools.
I think the state run - King’s Maths School at Lambeth has achieved higher A level than QE this year and last year. And in terms of oxbridge success rate they are on par with this year and probably better in the previous years?

Note that a lot of top indies school not just target oxbridge but also more and more for ivy leagues.
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

Many thanks Ann. Initially, I didn't go below QE in the table. I have now edited my post to reflect %success for all schools.
Ann.kumar

Post by Ann.kumar »

And u probably want to update the A level results also, King's maths school is 99.6% A and above
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

I couldn't see the results on the link below

https://www.times-series.co.uk/news/231 ... hool-list/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is it possible to please share the full times list if you have access to it?
Last edited by jazbaati99 on Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ann.kumar

Post by Ann.kumar »

Times is not the full picture, it miss a lot of high achieving sixth form college and some school opt out that too..

https://www.kingsmathsschool.com/about/results" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sonu17

Post by sonu17 »

I'm just trying to see how the leading grammar schools fared this year in terms of Oxbridge 'offers'. So far I can see:
1. QE Barnet: 47 (32 Cambridge + 15 Oxford)
2. St Olave's: 40 (27 Cambridge + 13 Oxford)
Does anyone have data on others (Henrietta, Wilson's, KEGS, Tiffins, Colchester, Sutton, ...)
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I would say , go with the place that your child likes and would be happy.
So much can change in 6/7years. The data you are looking at is old.
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

The data posted above is for year 2023. I seem to remember reading somewhere that QE is 5th in terms of Oxbridge offers this year but couldn't find the source just now.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

What I meant was that the data is for pupils who started their secondary education 6 years ago. By the time next year’s cohort reaches Sixth form a lot could have happened.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now