We have been shortlisted for the National Tutoring Awards 2024! If Eleven Plus Exams has helped you, we would like to ask for your support, by voting for us in the People’s Choice Awards.

Good luck to all those taking the 11+ tomorrow!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
NannyOgg

Re: Good luck to all those taking the 11+ tomorrow!

Post by NannyOgg »

genericusername wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:31 pm
NannyOgg wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:59 pm Hi, another lurker here, nice to see some new posts here :D my daughter took the CRGS exam today. She said it seemed to go OK so we'll see, we are in immediate catchment but feel like we could have done more prep as she only decided she wanted to do it at the end of April (I didn't want to push her into it). Regardless of the result I'm proud of her for having a go! Going to be a long 2 weeks until that letter arrives! Good luck to everyone :)
Hi NannyOgg! I feel like I recognise your username 😆
My daughter said the maths was horrible but she normally does well across the board so fingers crossed she’ll have done enough. Just the waiting now…!
GNU Terry Pratchett :mrgreen:

Yeah Maths is definitely my daughter's weaker area compared to English so if she falls down anywhere it'll be on that I reckon. Though she said she managed to answer everything so that's the main thing, I'm sure some guesses were definitely thrown in haha. Fingers crossed for good news in a couple of weeks.
genericusername

Post by genericusername »

NannyOgg wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:39 pm
genericusername wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:31 pm
NannyOgg wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:59 pm Hi, another lurker here, nice to see some new posts here :D my daughter took the CRGS exam today. She said it seemed to go OK so we'll see, we are in immediate catchment but feel like we could have done more prep as she only decided she wanted to do it at the end of April (I didn't want to push her into it). Regardless of the result I'm proud of her for having a go! Going to be a long 2 weeks until that letter arrives! Good luck to everyone :)
Hi NannyOgg! I feel like I recognise your username 😆
My daughter said the maths was horrible but she normally does well across the board so fingers crossed she’ll have done enough. Just the waiting now…!
GNU Terry Pratchett :mrgreen:

Yeah Maths is definitely my daughter's weaker area compared to English so if she falls down anywhere it'll be on that I reckon. Though she said she managed to answer everything so that's the main thing, I'm sure some guesses were definitely thrown in haha. Fingers crossed for good news in a couple of weeks.
I was thinking perhaps you might have been on another family forum...

My daughter said she had to guess a load of the answers at the end which she's never had to do before! But at least she knew to not leave any gaps... :?
genericusername

:D
Hi NannyOgg, have you had the results yet? LGGS sent theirs out by email yesterday afternoon which was unexpected as when my son did it (pre-Covid) it was still letters! My daughter got in, she and we are very happy :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

@genericusername - that is great news!
NannyOgg

Post by NannyOgg »

Amazing news, congrats!! :D

Still waiting - results should be here by Friday according to the letter we got after applying for the exam. A colleague at work thinks she got hers on the Weds or Thurs last year so hoping to hear very soon. I think CRGS still send letters out!
NannyOgg

Post by NannyOgg »

Just an update, unfortunately she didn't make it, she was upset at first - think it was the initial shock as she really felt she'd done well. I assured her how proud we were of her and you just can't predict how well the other candidates do on the day and what the pass mark will be. She's feeling better now after some chocolate and treats. Such a shame with the work she put in but she gave it a go and that's all I can ask. Best of luck on the rest of your journeys everyone x
genericusername

Oh gosh I’m sorry to hear that, especially if she felt she had done well. I’m sure she will do brilliantly at whichever school you/she chooses :)
I hope you’re okay too after all the stress.
Take stock, book a mock