HBS offer events?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Djay80

HBS offer events?

Post by Djay80 »

I was hoping that someone would know whether HBS ever does offer events once results are out and when it usually is?

We are waiting anxiously for the 1st March and have offers for some independent schools and will only have a few days to decide once the grammar school results come out. When I look back at posts I can see one year it was the Monday after results so I wondered if this is always the case? Trying to book leave for offer events is almost as bad as trying to move things around for interviews!

TIA
hermanmunster

Re: HBS offer events?

Post by hermanmunster »

Page 3 here suggests they do have an event ... but no clue as to the date https://henrietta-barnett.ams3.digitalo ... 3-2024.pdf
nyr

Post by nyr »

Around 1 week before National Offer Day I received an email informing me that if my DD received an offer then we would be invited to visit the school the next (working) day after 1st March. I guess in your case that would be 4th March. That was nearly 8 years ago but my guess is that it's similar now, as they know many parents are trying to decide between the indies and HBS and the indies require them to commit very soon after 1st March.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

It is always the first working day after the results come out so it will be Monday 4th March.
Is there any reason why you need to wait until the offer day to make your decision if you receive an offer on Friday 1st March?
If there are some issues you wish to discuss why not post them here?
Is there one private school and HBS that you will be deciding between if you receive a HBS offer?
There will be plenty of students holding St Pauls and NCLS and HABS offers who are waiting for HBS on March 1st?

DG
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Daogroupie wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:26 pm It is always the first working day after the results come out so it will be Monday 4th March.
Is there any reason why you need to wait until the offer day to make your decision if you receive an offer on Friday 1st March?
If there are some issues you wish to discuss why not post them here?
Is there one private school and HBS that you will be deciding between if you receive a HBS offer?
There will be plenty of students holding St Pauls and NCLS and HABS offers who are waiting for HBS on March 1st?

DG

People often do want to have a look at a place again, if the option is there and knowing that they now definitely have a choice, before they decide. It could be quite some time since they last saw the place.
Djay80

Post by Djay80 »

Thanks all for your responses, they have been extremely helpful.

Our current top choice is NLCS but if we get offered HBS it is going to be a really tough choice so anything that helps the decision will be a plus!

It has been ages since we saw HBS and it was chaos on that day. I really liked the head but since she has changed and with the high turnover of teachers at the school it makes me wonder what the best choice is.
jazzy123

Post by jazzy123 »

Djay80 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:17 pm I was hoping that someone would know whether HBS ever does offer events once results are out and when it usually is?

We are waiting anxiously for the 1st March and have offers for some independent schools and will only have a few days to decide once the grammar school results come out. When I look back at posts I can see one year it was the Monday after results so I wondered if this is always the case? Trying to book leave for offer events is almost as bad as trying to move things around for interviews!

TIA
School admin has sent an email informing that this event is on 5th March. Specifics will be told on 4th March via email.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Gosh!

I think many families holding offers elsewhere have to make the decision BY Monday 4th March so they will have to make their decision before the HBS offer holders day.

It is just unfortunate that the two days after offer day are the weekend this year.

DG
rak

Post by rak »

Has anyone received the offer day event details for HBS via email?
rak

Post by rak »

Have now received the email from HBS for tomorrow's offer holder event. Thanks. It was sent to the email provided on the CAF form and we have been checking the wrong one!