QE ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jazbaati99
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:52 am

Re: QE ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Post by jazbaati99 »

Expect some movement/jump in the WL from first week of June when the uniform appointments start.
admana25
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 pm

Re: QE ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Post by admana25 »

jazbaati99 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:01 pm Expect some movement/jump in the WL from first week of June when the uniform appointments start.
Thank you very much !
admana25
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 pm

Re: QE ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Post by admana25 »

Hello everyone,

What are the chances for WL 9 to get a place before July? Historically, how many places does it move after June uniform allocation?

Thanks,
AN
jazbaati99
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:52 am

Re: QE ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Post by jazbaati99 »

Historically, the WL moves roughly twice of the first movement. This year, as the first movement was 18, so positions up to 36 has a chance to get an offer. Unfortunately no one can say how many positions move after uniform appointment.
thisisnuts
Posts: 799
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: QE ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Post by thisisnuts »

admana25 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:51 pm Hello everyone,

What are the chances for WL 9 to get a place before July? Historically, how many places does it move after June uniform allocation?

Thanks,
AN
When were you WL 9??

The website was on WL 21 a couple of weeks ago, and now shows WL 25.
jazbaati99
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:52 am

Re: QE ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Post by jazbaati99 »

His DS is on WL34 so I assume he is referring to WL9 (34-25). For avoidance of confusion, may I suggest to use the actual WL number please.
ToadMum
Posts: 12057
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Essex

Re: QE ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Post by ToadMum »

jazbaati99 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:33 pm His DS is on WL34 so I assume he is referring to WL9 (34-25). For avoidance of confusion, may I suggest to use the actual WL number please.
Without wishing to sound like a broken record - legally, waiting lists for schools are a dynamic thing and therefore, one has a position on a ranked list, not a personal 'number', like taking a ticket from the machine in Clarks children's department. As names are added (as in late applicants), the list must be re-ranked I oversubscription order (so for QE, by distance within score, in ascending order of the first and descending order of the second), with those ranked below the name(s) added moving down. Ditto, when names are removed from the list (place offered / offered different school they are happy with etc), those below the name(s) added moving up.

Yes, it is just about possible that there is never, ever, a late applicant / anyone changing their order of preference who initially placed QE lower on their CAF, it's highly unlikely that this is actually the case year after year. So what does the school do with those people, ranking-wise? What do they do about the 'waiting list number'...?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
jazbaati99
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:52 am

Re: QE ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Post by jazbaati99 »

Thanks for explaining that again however I mistyped. I am aware of how WL moves and how students can be added or removed from these. What I wanted to convey was for the poster to use the original WL position (that will be 34 in this case I assume). This will give me a better understanding in trying to answer the query about possible WL movements in future. As the first WL movement was to position 18, WL 34 has a chance considering historical data, however if you say WL 9 then I have no clue on your chances of getting in.
admana25
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 pm

Re: QE ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Post by admana25 »

thisisnuts wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:01 pm
admana25 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:51 pm Hello everyone,

What are the chances for WL 9 to get a place before July? Historically, how many places does it move after June uniform allocation?

Thanks,
AN
When were you WL 9??

The website was on WL 21 a couple of weeks ago, and now shows WL 25.

Original WL is 34. Assuming it moved 25, should be 9 now, hence said the same.
ToadMum
Posts: 12057
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: Essex

Re: QE ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Post by ToadMum »

admana25 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:17 am
thisisnuts wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:01 pm
admana25 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:51 pm Hello everyone,

What are the chances for WL 9 to get a place before July? Historically, how many places does it move after June uniform allocation?

Thanks,
AN
When were you WL 9??

The website was on WL 21 a couple of weeks ago, and now shows WL 25.

Original WL is 34. Assuming it moved 25, should be 9 now, hence said the same.
Indeed you would now be ninth on the list, if no-one with a higher score / same score, but living nearer the the school has joined the list, nor anyone above your DS informed the school that they are no longer interested and would like their DS's name to be removed (though I suspect that few do this, regardlessof whether or not they are commited elsewhere by now). Wrt the requirements of the Admissions Code, it would be interesting to see what the response would be, we're people to ask the school for their current position on the ranked waiting list.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Post Reply
Mock around the clock - £15 off your first mock exam