LATYMER ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Take stock, book a mock
Zadegar1

Re: LATYMER ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Post by Zadegar1 »

fiona1312 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:34 pm
Zadegar1 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:10 pm Yeah Waiting list is out now, my son is on 15th place, if we are lucky enough, we will make it. Fingers' crossed.
Hi,did you got offered from school ? Thanks
Hey, I have just spoken to admission officer, they offered to first 4 so far and waiting for them to whether accept or decline. good luck to you!
summer11123

Post by summer11123 »

Just wondering how many how many offer got declined
after national offer date?because I saw these posts about
last three year,school always released offer to WL1-WL19 before Easter holiday.

Does anyone know about this?

Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

summer11123 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:56 pm Just wondering how many how many offer got declined

Thanks
they can only offer places that are declined and that number varies year on year - getting the feeling from some other parts of the country that the movement is a bit slow at present but who knows, that might change and Easter is fairly early this year
Zadegar1

Post by Zadegar1 »

hermanmunster wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:59 pm
summer11123 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:56 pm Just wondering how many how many offer got declined

Thanks
they can only offer places that are declined and that number varies year on year - getting the feeling from some other parts of the country that the movement is a bit slow at present but who knows, that might change and Easter is fairly early this year
Hey There
Just wondering if anyone got any news about the movements in waiting list? Thanks
Bobble1812

Post by Bobble1812 »

I just called admissions at Latymer and they said that our child, who was initially at position 14 on the waiting list, is now at number 7 on the list.

I also asked if they had any idea about how long it might take to get an offer, but they said they didn't know.
YetAnotherDad

Post by YetAnotherDad »

The Latymer Waiting list seems to be moving very slowly compared to the other grammars

Code: Select all

School 		WL Places available after March acceptance Deadline  			Current WL position offered a place 
------- 	------------------------------------------------------	                 ----------------------------------------------
QE boys			17  out of 180 places  (9.4%)   				21

HBS 			17 out of 104 places  (16%) 					17

DAO			9 out of 75           (12%)   					9 ?             

LAT 			4 out of 192  ?	       (2.1%)					7        
Were there really only 4 places released in March ? And if that's correct (maybe they only release them in batches for some reason) I wonder why is Latymer movement so slow compared to the other grammars and previous years.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

YetAnotherDad wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:14 pm Were there really only 4 places released in March ? And if that's correct (maybe they only release them in batches for some reason) I wonder why is Latymer movement so slow compared to the other grammars and previous years.
Could be a number of reasons - possibly some admin problems and they ended up over-offering and went over PAN and can now only re-offer when they get below PAN or maybe late applicants?

Schools generally seem to be a bit slow around the country this year (apart from HBS and QE)
YetAnotherDad

Post by YetAnotherDad »

hermanmunster wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 pm
YetAnotherDad wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:14 pm Were there really only 4 places released in March ? And if that's correct (maybe they only release them in batches for some reason) I wonder why is Latymer movement so slow compared to the other grammars and previous years.
Could be a number of reasons - possibly some admin problems and they ended up over-offering and went over PAN and can now only re-offer when they get below PAN or maybe late applicants?

Schools generally seem to be a bit slow around the country this year (apart from HBS and QE)
Since the council is responsible for initially allocating places up to PAN one possibility is that a number of candidates, ranked higher than 306, who didn't have Latymer as their 1st choice changed their mind. According to the admissions policy this would then place them at the head of the WL and they would automatically get offered any freed up places before the candidates ranked lower than 306 (the 1st March cut-off). Note this would require quite a lot to have changed their minds which would still be strange.
summer11123

Post by summer11123 »

Bobble1812 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 pm I just called admissions at Latymer and they said that our child, who was initially at position 14 on the waiting list, is now at number 7 on the list.

I also asked if they had any idea about how long it might take to get an offer, but they said they didn't know.
Hi,what are your child‘s last rank after January as I emailed the school on Wednesday,and they said made last rank offered on Tuesday was 316.
Bobble1812

Post by Bobble1812 »

summer11123 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:14 pm
Bobble1812 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 pm I just called admissions at Latymer and they said that our child, who was initially at position 14 on the waiting list, is now at number 7 on the list.

Hi,what are your child‘s last rank after January as I emailed the school on Wednesday,and they said made last rank offered on Tuesday was 316.
They were rank 322 in January.
Mock around the clock - £15 off your first mock exam