HBS ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Aislam

Re: HBS ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Post by Aislam »

Rukarun wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm
Aislam wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:19 pm Top 17 from the waiting list has been offered places.
https://www.hbschool.org.uk/admissions/
Oh, ok!
Hi Rukarun, 2 more to go for you. I believe your DD will be offered a place just after the Easter break. Good luck
Rukarun

Post by Rukarun »

Aislam wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm
Rukarun wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm
Aislam wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:19 pm Top 17 from the waiting list has been offered places.
https://www.hbschool.org.uk/admissions/
Oh, ok!
Hi Rukarun, 2 more to go for you. I believe your DD will be offered a place just after the Easter break. Good luck
Thank you…i will update here when we get the offer..congratulations to those who already recieved…🙏
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

HBS may think they have offered places to the top 17 on the waiting list but I know of at least one family in the top 17 that have not received any information at all about an offer.

Hopefully this is because of Easter and the offer will be appearing on Tuesday morning by which time it will be May, eight weeks since offer day.

DG
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Daogroupie wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:34 am HBS may think they have offered places to the top 17 on the waiting list but I know of at least one family in the top 17 that have not received any information at all about an offer.

Hopefully this is because of Easter and the offer will be appearing on Tuesday morning by which time it will be May, eight weeks since offer day.

DG
DG I think you will find next Tuesday is April 2nd and just over FOUR weeks since offer day
Hbsbarnet

Post by Hbsbarnet »

Why so many people rejecting HBS after selecting it as 1st choice

Normally no 17 comes around mid to late April..
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Hbsbarnet wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 pm Why so many people rejecting HBS after selecting it as 1st choice

Normally no 17 comes around mid to late April..
It may not have been their first choice & they may have now been offered another school, or, they have decided to accept a private school place.
scary mum
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

A lot happens in the lives of families between end of October and start of March. Some will have originally planned to move to go to HBS but may have now decided not to uproot the whole family but instead go for a more local option. 17 places out of 104 being turned down is a lot but it reflects that many sit HBS because they can and may not have a well thought out plan for their dd to actually attend the school. QE also has 17 places handed back but they have almost twice as many places 192 when HBS only has 104. There may be people turning down HBS for St Pauls girls, NLCS and City girls. All schools that they would only have received offers for after the 31st October deadline. This is why this first move is the biggest of the cycle as it includes those who have applied for and been offered places at alternative schools since 31st October.
Hbsbarnet

Post by Hbsbarnet »

Could it be also due to HBS being downgraded from outstanding to good ? I read a lot of reviews where kids are being heavily tutored and sub standard teaching in the school?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I doubt it given that it's known as the most "desirable" girls' grammar school in the country, rightly or wrongly.
scary mum
Aislam

Post by Aislam »

Hbsbarnet wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:45 am Could it be also due to HBS being downgraded from outstanding to good ? I read a lot of reviews where kids are being heavily tutored and sub standard teaching in the school?
As far as I am aware it's not only HBS most of the Ofsted outstanding schools those inspected during 2022/2023 have been graded as Good. It was not the schools, Ofsted grading system has been changed and it has become almost impossible for the schools to be Outstanding. There is a great deal of controversy around on Ofsted inspection system. Whatever Ofsted grade was, HBS still the most desirable and best girls grammar school in the country when we see the exams success and leavers' destination.