HBS ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rukarun

Re: HBS ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Post by Rukarun »

Aislam wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm
Rukarun wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm
Aislam wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:19 pm Top 17 from the waiting list has been offered places.
https://www.hbschool.org.uk/admissions/
Oh, ok!
Hi Rukarun, 2 more to go for you. I believe your DD will be offered a place just after the Easter break. Good luck
Yeah keeping fingers crossed …but no one knows what will happen and how much the movement will be exactly…but hoping that it should come soon as it will help us in relocating on time before the session begins as my dd can’t travel a single day also from Reading …so will move fairly close to school if at all the waitlist gets cleared for us…
Aislam

Post by Aislam »

Rukarun wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:32 am
Rukarun wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 pm

Oh, ok!
Hi Rukarun, 2 more to go for you. I believe your DD will be offered a place just after the Easter break. Good luck
Yeah keeping fingers crossed …but no one knows what will happen and how much the movement will be exactly…but hoping that it should come soon as it will help us in relocating on time before the session begins as my dd can’t travel a single day also from Reading …so will move fairly close to school if at all the waitlist gets cleared for us…
I reckon you will hear the good news after the Easter break... optimistic :). Moving closer to the school proved to be a real challenge unless budget is not an issue. Couple of friends tried to move closer to the school last year however, they found the house prices way too high as well as the rent. Both have chosen the school coach option. Their daughters leave home around 6:40am to catch the coach sharply 7 am and return home around 5:30 pm, I am sure girls get too tired once reach home.
Rukarun

Post by Rukarun »

Oh yes..the house prices are insanely high…will have to figure out something which is economical…oh the coach timings are erratic…the girls will be so tired by the time they are home almost 12 hrs morning to evening…🤦🏼‍♀️ that’s the only problem with HBS as nearby areas are damn expensive and otherwise the commute will eventually take a toll on girls in higher classes …
Rukarun

Post by Rukarun »

Aislam wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:40 pm

I reckon you will hear the good news after the Easter break... optimistic :). Moving closer to the school proved to be a real challenge unless budget is not an issue. Couple of friends tried to move closer to the school last year however, they found the house prices way too high as well as the rent. Both have chosen the school coach option. Their daughters leave home around 6:40am to catch the coach sharply 7 am and return home around 5:30 pm, I am sure girls get too tired once reach home.

We are a middle Class family so definitely budget is and will always be the constraint in north London for us 😊
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Rukarun wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:09 pm

We are a middle Class family so definitely budget is and will always be the constraint in north London for us 😊
Since your DD has a place at Kendrick, what do you think she’s going to get at HBS that she won’t at Kendrick that justifies either a very long journey or uprooting the family and moving (possibly at the last minute if you don’t get a place from the wait list until closer to September).

They are both very good schools, any diffrence between them is marginal at best. Plus (as already pointed out) HBS got ‘Good’ form its last oftsed insoection, whereas Kendrick got ‘outstanding’.

Unless there’s something specific that HBS has that Kendrick doesn’t, I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle tbh.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Navy blue uniform versus red?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ToadMum wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:02 pm Navy blue uniform versus red?
can be a serious problem for those with ginger hair
Rukarun

Post by Rukarun »

Tinkers wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:46 pm
Rukarun wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:09 pm

Since your DD has a place at Kendrick, what do you think she’s going to get at HBS that she won’t at Kendrick that justifies either a very long journey or uprooting the family and moving (possibly at the last minute if you don’t get a place from the wait list until closer to September).

They are both very good schools, any diffrence between them is marginal at best. Plus (as already pointed out) HBS got ‘Good’ form its last oftsed insoection, whereas Kendrick got ‘outstanding’.

Unless there’s something specific that HBS has that Kendrick doesn’t, I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle tbh.
Thank you tinkers for giving insight on both schools…Kendrick definitely was our first choice when we were not sure my dd can pass HBS (she is in top 20 waitlist ) …regarding wait time if we go by previous years data top 20 gets allocated by April end may start but yeah ofcourse each year is different so no one knows what will happen this year.
Yes but we are also still in dilemma whether to go with HBS (if at all it comes) or stay with Kendrick. My only worry is pastoral care in Kendrick which I have heard mixed reviews…regarding acads I know Kendrick is excellent and my dd is highly academic so she will do best at both schools..
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Obviously our experience is a few years old, but DD had reason to test out the pastoral care at kendrick, and I was certainly happy with how they handled it.

I know there were a couple of DDs with SENs needing an element of pastoral care in the following years and again I think the parents were reasonably happy with how things were handled.
Rukarun

Post by Rukarun »

Tinkers wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:02 pm Obviously our experience is a few years old, but DD had reason to test out the pastoral care at kendrick, and I was certainly happy with how they handled it.

I know there were a couple of DDs with SENs needing an element of pastoral care in the following years and again I think the parents were reasonably happy with how things were handled.
Thank you ..really helpful in giving us the idea and deciding on what shall we do …