HBS ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Re: HBS ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Post by hermanmunster »

Suspect if you end up travelling a long way to a school then there is a risk that the academics will suffer - you can't beat a short journey
nyr

Post by nyr »

DD left HBS last year, after 7 happy years there, but I'm not sure it makes sense to hold out for the school given your other option.

I don't know that much about Kendrick, other than the excellent academic results, but my view is that it doesn't make sense to give your daughter a 12 hour day around school. Then there is the added expense of the coach. Just think of the extra time your daughter would have for friends, extra-curricular, homework, reading, etc if she went to Kendrick and what you could do with the money otherwise spent on the coach.
Hbsbarnet

Post by Hbsbarnet »

I know atleast 3 families who chose kendrik over HBS
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Leaving home at 640am and not returning until 530pm should not be the choice for a dd of any family. No school is worth this especially as there would be no opportunity to participate in after school activities.

Westminster and St Pauls Girls mandate a journey of less than an hour. More schools should either mandate a max journey time or heavily discourage these exhausting twice daily treks. Ten times a week! DG
Hbsbarnet

Post by Hbsbarnet »

Even an hour is too much. I remember as a kid I envied people who lives right opposite school. They would have changed clothes and were playing outside whilst I was still an hour away from home.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hbsbarnet wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:59 pm Even an hour is too much. I remember as a kid I envied people who lives right opposite school. They would have changed clothes and were playing outside whilst I was still an hour away from home.
I agree - Used to have 1hr 20 minute journey - some of it was fun with friends but much of it was a waste of time and it was jolly cold at the bus stop waiting for a connection.

My DC went to a GS they could see from the house
Aislam

Post by Aislam »

Hope there will be some waiting list movement next week, as the top 17 were given 2 weeks to accept or reject ?
Aislam

Post by Aislam »

Hbsbarnet wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:59 pm Even an hour is too much. I remember as a kid I envied people who lives right opposite school. They would have changed clothes and were playing outside whilst I was still an hour away from home.
Very true !
Rukarun

Post by Rukarun »

Aislam wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:48 pm Hope there will be some waiting list movement next week, as the top 17 were given 2 weeks to accept or reject ?
I think it will not move further this year ...as per the hbs website all 17 places have been accepted so yeah i think no further movement this year..
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

It's a long time until September. There's likely to be further movement. There may still be people sitting on both private & state places, or people have to unexpectedly move due to job or personal.changes etc
It won't be to large numbers of places, though.
scary mum
Take stock, book a mock