We have been shortlisted for the National Tutoring Awards 2024! If Eleven Plus Exams has helped you, we would like to ask for your support, by voting for us in the People’s Choice Awards.

HBS ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

Re: HBS ALLOCATIONS MARCH 2024

Post by hermanmunster »

Suspect if you end up travelling a long way to a school then there is a risk that the academics will suffer - you can't beat a short journey
nyr

Post by nyr »

DD left HBS last year, after 7 happy years there, but I'm not sure it makes sense to hold out for the school given your other option.

I don't know that much about Kendrick, other than the excellent academic results, but my view is that it doesn't make sense to give your daughter a 12 hour day around school. Then there is the added expense of the coach. Just think of the extra time your daughter would have for friends, extra-curricular, homework, reading, etc if she went to Kendrick and what you could do with the money otherwise spent on the coach.
Hbsbarnet

Post by Hbsbarnet »

I know atleast 3 families who chose kendrik over HBS
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Leaving home at 640am and not returning until 530pm should not be the choice for a dd of any family. No school is worth this especially as there would be no opportunity to participate in after school activities.

Westminster and St Pauls Girls mandate a journey of less than an hour. More schools should either mandate a max journey time or heavily discourage these exhausting twice daily treks. Ten times a week! DG
Hbsbarnet

Post by Hbsbarnet »

Even an hour is too much. I remember as a kid I envied people who lives right opposite school. They would have changed clothes and were playing outside whilst I was still an hour away from home.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hbsbarnet wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:59 pm Even an hour is too much. I remember as a kid I envied people who lives right opposite school. They would have changed clothes and were playing outside whilst I was still an hour away from home.
I agree - Used to have 1hr 20 minute journey - some of it was fun with friends but much of it was a waste of time and it was jolly cold at the bus stop waiting for a connection.

My DC went to a GS they could see from the house
Aislam

Post by Aislam »

Hope there will be some waiting list movement next week, as the top 17 were given 2 weeks to accept or reject ?
Aislam

Post by Aislam »

Hbsbarnet wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:59 pm Even an hour is too much. I remember as a kid I envied people who lives right opposite school. They would have changed clothes and were playing outside whilst I was still an hour away from home.
Very true !
Rukarun

Post by Rukarun »

Aislam wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:48 pm Hope there will be some waiting list movement next week, as the top 17 were given 2 weeks to accept or reject ?
I think it will not move further this year ...as per the hbs website all 17 places have been accepted so yeah i think no further movement this year..
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

It's a long time until September. There's likely to be further movement. There may still be people sitting on both private & state places, or people have to unexpectedly move due to job or personal.changes etc
It won't be to large numbers of places, though.
scary mum
Mock around the clock - £15 off your first mock exam