GLOUCESTERSHIRE ALLOCATIONS 2024

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

GLOUCESTERSHIRE ALLOCATIONS 2024

Post by hermanmunster »

Have set up this thread for discussion of the allocations on March 1st

If you want to appeal and start a thread for advice then please do so here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... m.php?f=35 and include your username in the title

Here is the link to last year's thread https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=64280

Good Luck to all !
Stroud Mum 13

Re: GLOUCESTERSHIRE ALLOCATIONS 2024

Post by Stroud Mum 13 »

Eeek! On the one hand I want the wait over, but on the other I'm so nervous!!! Good luck everyone! Not long now!!
Glostershiremumof2

Post by Glostershiremumof2 »

Good luck to everyone, I hope you get the news you’ve been waiting for 🤞🤞
mumof3fairy

Post by mumof3fairy »

Do they still post a letter if you have not got your place or is this a myth?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

mumof3fairy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:00 pm Do they still post a letter if you have not got your place or is this a myth?
It looks like they do - there is a post here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 95#p780695
bucko87

Post by bucko87 »

mumof3fairy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:00 pm Do they still post a letter if you have not got your place or is this a myth?
I’m not sure as on that other thread someone got a letter and got in so who knows?! I’m absolutely sick with worry about it. My son (and us) want Marling so desperately but we are borderline ranking. Would have got in the last 4 years but still scary!

Good luck everyone!
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Good luck and I hope everyone gets what they hope for! Feels like a long time ago now we submitted the form.

One thing I would check is whether transport options have changed. My eldest is already at a Glos Grammar and their private minibus couldn’t cope with capacity and dropped their place without warning, their friend’s coach to school stopped running in the autumn and then Stagecoach was too full to pick them up and also more recently the Igobus/denwell coach company closure has also left students struggling. We keep getting emergency announcements the trains are cancelled as well. So just double check and make sure you’re happy with transport options , times and ability to do emergency pick ups.
Glostershiremumof2

Post by Glostershiremumof2 »

We’re lucky to have 2 within walking distance and one easily acceptable by bus. Would be a nightmare paying double coach fees.
mumof3fairy

Post by mumof3fairy »

Polgara_Glos wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:36 pm Good luck and I hope everyone gets what they hope for! Feels like a long time ago now we submitted the form.

One thing I would check is whether transport options have changed. My eldest is already at a Glos Grammar and their private minibus couldn’t cope with capacity and dropped their place without warning, their friend’s coach to school stopped running in the autumn and then Stagecoach was too full to pick them up and also more recently the Igobus/denwell coach company closure has also left students struggling. We keep getting emergency announcements the trains are cancelled as well. So just double check and make sure you’re happy with transport options , times and ability to do emergency pick ups.

Is this for the Stroud schools?
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

My eldest is at a Stroud Grammar, but the bus and coach changes have impacted on all - for example, looking at their websites, IGO buses ran 7 routes to Pates, Denwell 6 to Ribston.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now