CGP The 11+ English Practice Book with Assessment Tests (Ages 8-9)
The 11+ English Practice Book with Assessment Tests (Ages 8-9)
This Practice Book is an excellent resource for helping children work towards the 11+ English test and other selective entrance exams.
Superb for helping children build up their English skills for the 11+, this book is packed with top-quality practice questions (and detailed answers) for ages 8-9.
The first section of the book helps children gain understanding and confidence by focusing on one topic at a time.
This is followed by eight realistic Assessment Tests to improve their speed and accuracy across a wide range of questions and a handy glossary.
The content is split into six sections, starting with the basics of the 11 plus English topics –
Section One – Grammar
- Parts of the Speech
- Mixed Grammar Questions
Section Two – Punctuation
- Starting and Ending Sentences
- Commas and Brackets
- Speech Marks
- Mixed Punctuation Questions
Section Three – Spelling
- Prefixes and Suffixes
- Awkward Spellings
- Mixed Spelling Questions
Section Four – Word Types
- Alliteration and Onomatopoeia
Section Five – Writing
- Creative Writing
- Non-Fiction Writing
- Examples, Answers and Explanations for each type of question
- Suitable for children aged 8 and over
- Suitable for Grammar and Year 7 entry Independent School Preparation
- Eight Assessment Tests
- 88 Pages
- ISBN 978 1 84762 840 4
- Children preparing for 11 plus English exams