CGP The 11+ English Practice Book with Assessment Tests (Ages 9-10)
The 11+ English Practice Book with Assessment Tests (Ages 9-10)
This Practice Book is an excellent resource for helping children work towards the 11+ English test and other selective entrance exams. It’s full of questions suitable for ages 9-10.
The first section of the book focuses on one topic at a time to help children gain understanding and confidence.
This is followed by six Assessment Tests to improve their speed and accuracy across a wide range of questions. And if they get stuck or go wrong, the detailed pull-out answers make it easy to understand the reasoning behind the questions.
The content is split into eight sections, starting with the basics of the 11 plus English topics –
Section One – Grammar
- Parts of the Speech
- Mixed Grammar Questions
Section Two – Punctuation
- Starting and Ending Sentences
- Commas and Brackets
- Speech Marks and Colons
- Mixed Punctuation Questions
Section Three – Spelling
- Prefixes and Suffixes
- Awkward Spellings
- Mixed Spelling Questions
Section Four – Word Types
- Alliteration and Onomatopoeia
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Spotting and Understanding Devices
Section Five – Writing
- Writing Fiction
- Writing Non-Fiction
This is followed by a useful glossary.
- Examples, Answers and Explanations for each type of question
- Suitable for children aged 9 and over
- Suitable for Grammar and Year 7 entry Independent School Preparation
- Six Assessment Tests
- 96 Pages
- ISBN 978 1 84762 841 1
- Children preparing for 11 plus English exams