Elevate Eleven - Eleven Plus Without The Fuss
Eleven Plus Without the Fuss – A Parent’s Guide to Secondary School Selection: North East Surrey Edition
A ground breaking and unique title in the 11 plus market, a step by step guide to everything you need to know to navigate the maze of Secondary School Selection.
Secondary school selection has never been so complex. The range of schools – academies, faith schools, voluntary-aided, free schools, etc. has never been greater. In addition, competition for places at academically selective state grammar and independent schools is higher than ever. This book is a ground breaking step-by-step guide to help parents navigate the maze of choices. Supported by articles written by parents, head teachers and inspectors, issues such as ‘how to choose a school’, single sex or co-ed, state or private, the Prep School system and Common Entrance, bursaries, scholarships and recognising a learning difficulty are covered objectively and sensitively. Children’s development, emotional and spiritual well-being are recognised and a whole section is devoted to help parents keep it in perspective!
- Step by step introduction to verbal and non-verbal reasoning techniques
- 11 Plus Knowledge base – vocabulary list, subject areas & Maths principles
- Tutoring Action Plans – 11 plus in 11 months, 11 weeks and 11 days
- List of Useful resources – books, papers and websites
- Interview techniques and practice questions
- Parent Planner for efficient organisation of the school application process
- Pupil Planner to help children organise their use of practice papers
Anita Hill is a state school teacher who has tutored children for entrance exams for ten years. Tim Hill is an IT Consultant and part-time University lecturer. They run www.ElevateEleven.com, where you can find details of tutoring, local mock-tests and workshops for year 5/6 pupils.
The regional title covers the North East Surrey region and covers specific information to that region, though much of it is applicable nationally. A national version of the book is due for release shortly.