Eleven Plus Shop
Creative Writing Workshop - 15-17 August 2016 - 3 days
|Ships:||Within 1 business day|
If you do not see an 'Add to Basket' button above, the course may be full. Please call our office.
Note: Course Fees are non-refundable
Creative Writing Workshop (3 days)
Monday 15th August 2016 to Wednesday 17th August 2016
9.30am - 1.30pm
Important: Please be aware that children enrolling on this workshop should understand how to do the following:
- Use grammar effectively - this includes understanding subject-verb agreement, verb tenses, sentence construction and word classes.
- Punctuate sentences - how to use commas, full stops, capital letters and semi-colons.
This workshop aims to provide children will all of the skills they will need to create an imaginative and impressive composition. Our classes are held in small groups with both independent tasks and exciting group activities to ensure that all children remain focused.
The course will focus on the following:
- Story Planning - how to develop ideas, characters and settings.
- Literary Techniques - how to introduce descriptive devices and figurative language into stories.
- Identifying different question styles - how to respond to different styles of question.
- Dialogue - how to introduce and punctuate dialogue effectively.
- Vocabulary - the importance of powerful verbs and adjectives in any story.
The course will also include:
- Fun group activities
- Homework tasks
Feedback on an assessed essay under timed conditions