Eleven Plus Parents Survey
This is where you get to find out how you compare as a parent amongst your peer group. You can only vote once in each survey. Once you have voted you will be able to see how your response compares with other parents.
In future visits, the website will remember that you have voted and only show you the results so you will see how the results accumulated over time. Only surveys that are either newly added or ones that you chose not to vote in the past will be shown with no results.
1. Do you intend to apply for a Grammar School, Independent Senior School or both?
2. What SINGLE FACTOR MOST influenced your decision when applying for your first choice school?
3. Do you think that 11 plus entrance examinations for Grammar Schools should be standardised across the United Kingdom (i.e. Each child sits the same subject disciplines, same format and same examination dates)?
4. Do you think that the Grammar School system should be abolished?
5. If you are applying for a Grammar School place for your child, did you or your partner as a child attend a Grammar School?
6. If you are applying for a Grammar School, are you satisfied with the information and assistance that your Local Education Authority have given you?
7. If you are applying for a Grammar School are you applying for any outside your Local Education Authority (LEA) area i.e. Outside the catchment area for the school?
8. If you are applying for a Grammar School how would you rate your child's chances of successfully gaining an offer?
9. If you are applying for a Senior Independent School how would you rate your child's chance of successfully gaining an offer?
10. If you are applying for a Senior Independent School are you applying for a financially assisted place?
11. Have you engaged a private tutor for your child in preparing for the 11 plus exams?
12. If you have engaged a private tutor approximately how much are you charged per hour?
13. Do you think that private tutoring significantly enhances your child's chances in an 11 plus examination?
14. If you have already commenced preparation/revision, how many months before your child's first 11 plus examination did you start preparation/revision?
15. How much do you expect to spend in the preparation of the Secondary Entrance Examinations (11 plus) including the cost of any tutor?
16. Would you consider sending your child to an intensive 1-week revision course for your child in the months leading up to the 11 plus examination?
17. If your eleven plus exams candidate child has older siblings, did he or she successfully gain a place at a Grammar/Senior Independent School?
18. Do you think children from a private junior school (preparatory) have an advantage over children from state schools in gaining a place at a Grammar School?
19. Do you think children from a private junior school (preparatory) have an advantage over children from state schools in gaining a place at a Senior Independent School?
20. If you own a tablet computer what is the make?
21. If you own a smart phone what is the operating system?
22. If you own a smart phone or a tablet computer would you allow your child to use it for 11plus practice?
23. How many apps (applications) downloads have you purchased in the last 6 months?
24. If you have purchased apps (applications) what have you typically paid?
25. What do you consider to be your child's weakest 11plus subject?
26. What do you consider to be your child's strongest 11plus subject?
27. Have you ever purchased an educational app and do you think your child benefitted from it?
28. In which subject would you like to see more 11 plus practice papers?
29. Would you like to see 11 plus practice papers with full explanations?
30. If papers were available with full explanations would you expect to pay more for them?
31. Would you like to be able to compare your child’s performance with other children’s performance for the same papers you practiced at home?
32. Would you use an online system for comparing your results with other children online if it could be done anonymously?
33. Would you pay a subscription to be able to compare your child's performance on a set of four papers by question type anonymously with peers?
34. Given that passing the 11 plus exams are compulsory for entry into grammar schools, do you think that subjects such as verbal reasoning and non-verbal reasoning should be included as part of the state school curriculum in areas such as Kent, Buckinghamshi
Do you want to suggest your own eleven plus survey? Contact us with your survey question together your name, address and daytime telephone number.