11 Plus Senior Tutor in English
What is the role title?
11Plus Senior Tutor in English
What hours do I have to work?
This position is a flexible part-time role. However, the candidate will be expected to work Saturdays as tuition classes are usually held at weekends and throughout school holidays.
What experience are you seeking?
- Extensive experience teaching English to children of ages 7 to 11.
- Familiarity of the 11 plus exams especially in English in particular. This includes extensive knowledge of how teach skills associated with comprehension, basic rules of grammar and punctuation. Experience teaching children about compositions would also be desirable but not essential.
- Familiarity with verbal reasoning would be desirable but not essential.
- Preferably having taught at or attended a grammar school; applications from a Preparatory School also welcome.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software such as PowerPoint, Excel. Familiarity with smart boards is also desirable but not essential.
What qualifications are sought?
- BEd degree or similar other professional qualification
- Enhanced CRB
Where are the classes held?
Though based at the ElevenPlusExams Harrow Centre the role could occasionally involve home tutoring around London area.
What is the address of the ElevenPlusExams Centre in Harrow?
We are located in central Harrow (great transport links) and our address is -
A Division of Technical One Limited,
Harrow, Middlesex HA1 2EN
Tel: 020 8204 5060
Have a look at the map below.
What does it pay?
The pay is well above average but will depend on your experience.
I am interested, when can I apply?
Applications are accepted all the year round. Please send your curriculum vitae together with a covering letter to contact us.