Multiple choice Cloze books

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Audreylawyer

Re: Multiple choice Cloze books

Post by Audreylawyer »

My DS is sitting for Bucks. There were no cloze questions in the familiarisation booklet sent out and also none on the practice test that is published on the Bexley website. That test is written by CEM so perhaps gives the best indication of the standard of questions. It is a short paper though, and I imagine the real tests will be more varied.

The preparation test on 10th Sept should give a good indication of what the real test will be like, but that remains to be seen.

The CGP books available are quite good, but are a mixture of multiple choice, word bank (where you select the word from a list to fill in the blanks), and missing letters (where the words have some letters in p,ace and you fill in the remainder).

As Bucks is 100% multiple choice, the latter 2 are less useful.

Can't wait for this whole thing to be over and done with.
patricia

Re: Multiple choice Cloze books

Post by patricia »

Audreylawyer wrote:My DS is sitting for Bucks. There were no cloze questions in the familiarisation booklet sent out and also none on the practice test that is published on the Bexley website.
Hi Audreylawyer

Cloze questions are included in the Bucks Familiarisation and Bexley Familiarisation and Practice paper.

They come under the heading Find the Missing Word.

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now