KENDRICK RESULTS THREAD 2021 (2022 entry)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Re: KENDRICK RESULTS THREAD 2021 (2022 entry)

Post by Tinkers »

The anonymised score list will be released shortly after allocations day next March. There’s no point putting in an FOI for them before then as it will be rejected. They have in the past released this info beforehand, but it still would be before the end of October so doesn’t help with that.

I think you should be ok with 118.60 unless things have changed significantly.
EarleyP

Post by EarleyP »

Tinkers wrote:
EarleyP wrote:Hi All - Any views on whether 107.35 P1 is likely to get a spot. 2020 suggested 106.68 but haven’t seen any data on lowest score that got through in 2021 - P1.

I know I am just hoping there is a chance but is unlikely. Any guidance will help.

Regards,
EarleyP
For 2021 entry the highest score on the WL on allocations day was 112.20 (higher than 2020 entry which was 108.66) The website says the list moved 6 places for 2021 entry and this is pretty much normal.

It’s worth a short on the CAF as no one knows how many will put it down or decided to put other schools higher on the CAF or even not put kendrick at all. I’m guessing by your username you are in Earley, so you do at least have some good alternatives to choose from.
Thanks Tinkers. We are a bit confused on the ‘alternatives’. E.g. Maiden Erlegh vs. Herschel. Any guidance on that? One is close to where we live but not a grammar… the other quite far (granted with a bus service) but a grammar school.
Also, any other alternatives we should be considering? Holt? Waingels?

Thanks for your help.
mad?

Post by mad? »

EarleyP wrote:Thanks Tinkers. We are a bit confused on the ‘alternatives’. E.g. Maiden Erlegh vs. Herschel. Any guidance on that? One is close to where we live but not a grammar… the other quite far (granted with a bus service) but a grammar school.
Thanks for your help.
Would you have a chance of getting into Holt or Waingels distance wise? What about Bulmershe? ME is a very well regarded school. Whether a school is a grammar or not is a bit irrelevant if you have good local options. What did you think when you visited them? The journey to Herschel is not an easy one. Good luck!
mad?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Lots of people don’t even look at the grammars if they are in ME catchment, it’s highly regarded, although some don’t like the ethos, it’s a marmite school. They do well with the brighter students.

Bulmershe is definitely worth a look as well, and I have several friends who have actively chosen it over ME. I have one friend whose DS moved from ME to Bulmershe for sixth form and definitely preferred it.

I don’t know exactly where you live, but if you are in ME catchment I suspect it’s unlikely you’d get Holt. I can look up last years allocations distances later. Also you’ll need to be well within a mile of ME to be sure of a place.

Bear in mind that travelling does takes its toll, and that time could be used to do other things. Also factor in that if they want to do any after school activities (and this could be gcse revision classes later on) they won’t be able to used the private coach service and you’ll need to pick up or they would need to come home on public transport. There’s also things like parents evenings, concerts, heaven forbid after school detentions etc,
anik

Post by anik »

Avith wrote:My DD has got 117.27. We are in P2. What will be her chances. Thank you.
Kendrick hasn't shared this information about 2021 yet, but rough estimates and calculations based on rank order list for 2021 suggest that the P2 category had stopped at this number - 117.34 . But good news for you is that there are only 12 students in category 1 and category 2 (compared to last years 17) which means 5 more seats as compared to last year. if you consider last year as an outlier then you should be in the safe zone.
anik

Post by anik »

EarleyP wrote:
Tinkers wrote:
EarleyP wrote:Hi All - Any views on whether 107.35 P1 is likely to get a spot. 2020 suggested 106.68 but haven’t seen any data on lowest score that got through in 2021 - P1.

I know I am just hoping there is a chance but is unlikely. Any guidance will help.

Regards,
EarleyP
For 2021 entry the highest score on the WL on allocations day was 112.20 (higher than 2020 entry which was 108.66) The website says the list moved 6 places for 2021 entry and this is pretty much normal.

It’s worth a short on the CAF as no one knows how many will put it down or decided to put other schools higher on the CAF or even not put kendrick at all. I’m guessing by your username you are in Earley, so you do at least have some good alternatives to choose from.

Thanks Tinkers. We are a bit confused on the ‘alternatives’. E.g. Maiden Erlegh vs. Herschel. Any guidance on that? One is close to where we live but not a grammar… the other quite far (granted with a bus service) but a grammar school.

Thanks for your help.
Please note that both ME and Holt are highly oversubscribed. Many children in Lower Earley were not able to get into either of them last year. I would suggest keep your options open.
Avith

Post by Avith »

anik wrote:
Avith wrote:My DD has got 117.27. We are in P2. What will be her chances. Thank you.
Kendrick hasn't shared this information about 2021 yet, but rough estimates and calculations based on rank order list for 2021 suggest that the P2 category had stopped at this number - 117.34 . But good news for you is that there are only 12 students in category 1 and category 2 (compared to last years 17) which means 5 more seats as compared to last year. if you consider last year as an outlier then you should be in the safe zone.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Bless you. It is a difficult time being uncertain and it means so much to have people like you who help.
SSPathak

Post by SSPathak »

My DD got 117.03 and we are in P2, any thoughts about what our chances are to get in ?
Unfortunately I could not find data about last admitted P2 scores for previous years.
But by looking at how many qualified (440 last year and 374 this year) and also 12 student in Category 1/2 as compared to 17 last year, I was thinking she may be border line ?

I know it depends on lot of thing like students who are from not designated areas, preferences etc. but any thoughts / data points would be very useful
tenseparents

Post by tenseparents »

Hi all, Reading boys parents are posting their child’s results in this public thread. Do we have something similar for Kendrick results?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Berkshire_Mum

Post by Berkshire_Mum »

tenseparents wrote:Hi all, Reading boys parents are posting their child’s results in this public thread. Do we have something similar for Kendrick results?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just received this link for Kendrick:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;