Top academic grammar vs full bursary at indie

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

Hi Pink1

If you felt able to name the grammar school somebody with experience of it might be able to give you a view on whether it is really 'high pressure'. Sometimes high performing schools have this reputation but the reality can be somewhat different.

Just a thought.
familyinthevalley

Re: grammar vs indie

Post by familyinthevalley »

pink1 wrote:we can visit the indie but apparently the grammar is so sought after they don't need to bother with anyone who is unsure.
want to make decision for our sake as well as those on waiting list...
That would ring alarm bells with me as a parent if that is in fact what they have said to you. I would like to think that the school has the best interests of the child at heart......even BEFORE they enter the school.
sweetviolet

Post by sweetviolet »

I have found that the number of indiviuals waiting on the grammar list is quiet high, however saying that maybe you just spoke to the wrong person. I have experienced this attitude with the indies a well - they are lovely when you apply and then their tone changes after the exams and results and they don't seem to care. Gut instinct, I think works here.
muvvalac

Re: Top academic grammar vs bursary at indie

Post by muvvalac »

pink1 wrote:i know we're very lucky. we have the choice of a very academic high performing grammar and a bursary to a lovely independent. indie ok academically would be more rounded education, although my child would be the pauper. have heard grammar is high pressure. we can't decide which would be best choice. any constructive advice gratefully received. thanks
my knowledge is little about bursary at indie, can you plz share more info full bursary. does it mean you dont need to pay any money as you got full bursary or you get discount of some percentage on full fee

plz share the indie school name and their admission process also
Bewildered

Re: Top academic grammar vs full bursary at indie

Post by Bewildered »

As this thread is a few months old, you may not get a reply.

You could try asking about bursaries and how they work over on the [url=thehttp://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/ ... m.php?f=31]Independant Board[/url] of this site, for more informed advise.

BW
muvvalac

Re: Top academic grammar vs full bursary at indie

Post by muvvalac »

Bewildered wrote:As this thread is a few months old, you may not get a reply.

You could try asking about bursaries and how they work over on the [url=thehttp://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/ ... m.php?f=31]Independant Board[/url] of this site, for more informed advise.

BW
Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction